Coming Out Wolf by Julia Talbot

Coming Out Wolf

by Julia Talbot

731,138,814 (3.67)None

If you’re looking for a super-hot story, this is a definite possibility. It starts out setting the scene, I wasn’t quite sure for what, from Rick’s point of view. We find out a little bit of background and I just about started to wonder what might be going on with Steve when – wham, the full heat hit me. There are few couples as passionate as these two werewolves and I loved being taken along on the ride. The fact that the ‘coming out’ thread was neatly woven throughout only made the story even better.

If you like werewolves, enjoy reading about passionate encounters and can stand the heat, go for it! You might wonder what hit you once you’re done, but you can always read it again to help you figure it out. I did –and almost enjoyed it more the second time around, when I knew what was coming.

NOTE: This book was provided by Torquere Press for the purpose of a review on Queer Magazine Online ( )
  SerenaYates | Oct 19, 2017 |
In a nice and super hot variation on the “lusting after my roommate” plot, this is a story about two men who may have a few things in common, but a shared understanding of what they really want is not it. Steve may know what he wants, but he isn’t very good at communicating it. And Rick, being a born werewolf, and a very dominant one at that, isn’t exactly the sensitive type. You’ve pretty much got to hit him over the head for him to get the message – at least where interpersonal relationships and emotions are concerned.

Steve is relatively new to being a werewolf, having been bitten only three years ago. He wants a mate, and has his mind set on Rick. He thought he’d fixed it all when he came out as gay, but no such luck. He needs to make things a lot clearer for Rick to have reaction. I just about started to wonder whether the stubborn macho guy was ever going to get it when – wham, the full heat of his reaction hit me. There are few couples as passionate as these two werewolves and I loved being taken along on the ride. The fact that the ‘coming out’ thread was neatly woven throughout only made the story even better.

If you like werewolves, enjoy reading about passionate encounters, and can stand the heat, go for it! You might wonder what hit you once you’re done, but you can always read it again to help you figure it out. I did –and almost enjoyed it more the second time around, when I knew what was coming. An what can possibly go wrong? This is a free short story, after all. ( )
  SerenaYates | Oct 19, 2017 |
Interesting concept, but it seems more like a book proposal than a fully-fleshed story. I need more back story, and it would be very nice to know what happens afterward. It just didn't really work for me as a short story. It's more like a taste, or a sip, just enough to get me interested in the characters. Kind of frustrating... ( )
  grothenberger | Apr 11, 2013 |

Julia Talbot is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,644,730 books! | Top bar: Always visible