Zombie Fallout 4: The End Has Come and Gone…

Zombie Fallout 4: The End Has Come and Gone

by Mark Tufo

More of a 3.5 star read. I am still enjoying this series but I don't know if I like the direction that the story is going. I definitely plan to continue the series. I really enjoy the characters. They are all so smart ass, and that is right up my alley! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
ABR's original The End Has Come and Gone audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

I love what Mark Tufo has created with this series. During the fallout of the Zombie Apocalypse, caused by tainted H1N1 vaccinations, Mike Talbot and his family battle against humans, Vampires, and of course Zombies. Despite having made a mortal enemy of an ever powerful vampire named Eliza, Mike fights his way to his family. He makes it but his adopted son Tommy is abducted by Eliza, it turns out they are siblings. His best friend, Paul, and a few others split off to find their own families.

Mike, Justin, Travis, Tracy, and Gary decide to set out and find Tommy. Two days before they leave Mike’s older brother, Ron, shows him a shoebox with some thing his grandparents left them. Included in that shoebox is a mysterious locket with a picture of Eliza. Even though nothing happens when Ron holds, every time Mike touches the locket it feels ice cold and pricks his finger, drawing blood. Where did this locket come from and why did his grandparents have it?

Shortly after heading out from the Talbot household, the group come across a small group of children. After a debate and a heartfelt goodbye, Tracy decides to take the children back to Ron’s house. Along the way, Tracy runs into a some familiar faces and a couple close calls. Meanwhile, Paul and a group of survivors get trapped on the roof of a furniture store surrounded by zombies. Their only hope of rescue was Mike Talbot, who somehow got an odd message to Marta, one of Paul’s group.

Along the way, Team Talbot comes across three more survivors that join their ranks, later regrouping with some people close them. Now back to a full roster, save Tommy, Mike and the others make it the furniture store to learn that Tommy and Eliza are both there. Upon making it to the roof with his friends, Mike Talbot discovers there’s only one way to save everyone’s life. Can he make the sacrifice and save everyone, or was the price too high for even him?

This is by far my favorite ZF story so far. It’s full of twists and surprises, dark humor only friends can share, and a lot of heart. There was plenty of feeling in this story and the narrator made it even more engrossing. Sean Runnette IS Mike Talbot, period. He brings the dialogue to life in such a way that becomes the characters. His reading, mixed with Tufo’s dark yet hilarious interactions and inner monologues, makes you feel like your there with them, part of the family. I often found myself having to pause the book just so I can pay attention to work, or more accurately, stopping work until a climactic scene passes. (Please don’t tell my boss). Completely addictive and engrossing. I’m going back for more.

Audiobook provided for review by the publisher. ( )
  audiobibliophile | Jul 13, 2015 |
Continued to enjoy the series and can't wait to read the finale. Tufo definitely keeps the reader guessing with the plot twists! ( )
  KKMcAvoy | Feb 9, 2013 |
Another installment in the antics of Mike Talbot. If you have read the other three books, you dont need me to tell you to read this... You already know... you already totally worship Talbot and you are ready for more. Of course, Tufo will not disappoint you...and it keeps getting better. More please!! ( )
  Steelyshan | Feb 1, 2013 |

She is coming for you....

Book four of the Zombie Fallout series continues with Michael Talbot confronting the dilemma of giving up all that he is in a bid to save humanity.

Mark Tufo is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,078,514 books! | Top bar: Always visible