Family Storybook Treasury with CD: Tales of…

Family Storybook Treasury with CD: Tales of Laughter, Curiosity, and Fun

by Margret Rey, Rebecca Bond, Virginia Lee Burton, Eileen Christelow, Helen Lester4 more, Susan Meddaugh, H. A. Rey, Nancy Shaw, Bernard Waber

Other authors: Margo Apple (Illustrator), Lynn Munsinger (Illustrator), Paulis Waber (Illustrator)

Together in one entire book are many reader’s childhood favorite books from Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed to Martha Speaks. The Family Storybook Treasury has numerous books that will leave you feeling nostalgic and looking for a child to pass them along to. Enjoy an afternoon of reading with your favorite child as you turn the pages of this fantastic compilation.

Coming from someone who’s shelves are usually packed to the brim the Family Storybook Treasury was an easy book to add to our collection. Who can resist not only one picture book, but half a dozen put together into one very delightful compilation? I certainly couldn’t and my son and daughter have both enjoyed reading this one. We do have a couple of favorites: Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, Martha Speaks and Tacky the Penguin are our top three and the ones that get read over and over again. As a parent, though the size of the book is a daunting 300 pages, this is still a marvelous addition to our home library if for no other reason than the versatility it provides within one bound book. Not to mention the fact that it’s packed with magnificent authors and illustrators.

Family Storybook Treasury: Tales of Laughter, Curiosity, and Fun has been a delightful addition to our home library and one that I’m positive will be read again and again as it’s passed down from child to grandchild in the years to come. There’s no doubt there will be a favorite amidst the over half a dozen full picture books included within it’s pages, but regardless there will be numerous stories to be enjoyed by one and all. This has been a wonderful reading experience to have with both of my kiddos because not only are the authors and illustrators wonderful, but the versatility allows for hours of reading without losing the attention of those young readers. Definitely a picture book collection that should be added to everyone’s home library.

My original review was posted at There's A Book. ( )
  the1stdaughter | Nov 24, 2011 |

Waber, Bernardmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Apple, MargoIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Munsinger, LynnIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Waber, PaulisIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0547612214, Hardcover)

A Look Inside The Family Storybook Treasury

The Family Storybook Treasury is a keepsake hardcover at an incredible value, featuring eight complete picture books, eight poems and a bonus audio CD. The CD includes all eight stories read aloud in their entirety.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:21 -0400)

Anthology of 16 favorite classic stories and poems, including complete picture book reproductions.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,432,413 books! | Top bar: Always visible