Long Tall Drink by L C Chase

Long Tall Drink

by L C Chase

I re-read this yummy cowboy tale in August 2013 and bumped it from 4 to 5 stars. LOVED IT! Two smoking hot closeted cowboys, living on the same ranch, make for some serious mind-numbing sexual tension. It was absolutely delicious! When these two finally came together, the sex was spectacular. *fans self*

I'm on a big [a:L.C. Chase|4662239|L.C. Chase|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1346710224p2/4662239.jpg] kick now and must read everything that brilliant woman wrote.

Highly recommended for all M/M romance fans, especially those who love their cowboys! *no brainer* ( )
  gigi9988776 | Aug 25, 2014 |
3.75 Stars Real cowboys that ooze sex appeal. Very pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the build up of this cowboy/western love story and would recommend for those who like this genre. ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
I am a little disappointed. It started real nice, brokeback mountainish, but a bit more lighthearted, with sexy cowboys and a lot of sexual tension.

But what ruined it a little for me: "the sexy cowbay did this", "the sexy ranger did that" - eh, no. And the black, wild stallion named Diablo, who the sexy cowboy understood like no other...the life-threatenning accident which brought their love to the surface and alot of other cliches...the bronce glow in the sexy cowboy's green eyes...

I liked that it was no insta-love and that there was the tension and the building and some good side characters.

It was also - the cliches aside - fairly well written. And it had sexy cowboys.
But it was nowhere close to [b:Nowhere Ranch|9221370|Nowhere Ranch|Heidi Cullinan|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1326774234s/9221370.jpg|14101342] or [b:Let It Go|15765698|Let It Go|Mercy Celeste|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1351440263s/15765698.jpg|21469795] or other great cowboy M/M books. ( )
  Tam2603 | Apr 18, 2013 |
3.5 stars. Read for m/m bingo challenge.
The characters were likable and made me want to get to know them better. Especially the side characters like Lance, Jesse, Clay, etc. It was very easy to read; I didn't get bored or impatient while reading. But it ended rather abruptly. It almost feels as though I haven't finished reading... also, can't say I really cared for the last couple of chapters. I think I might've enjoyed it more if Ray and Travis's committing to each other didn't come after a big accident where Ray feared he'd lose Travis. ( )
  Nightcolors | Apr 8, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,711,393 books! | Top bar: Always visible