The Darcys of Pemberley: The Continuing…

The Darcys of Pemberley: The Continuing Story of Jane Austen's Pride…

by Shannon Winslow

The Darcy's of Pemberley was an exquisite continuation of Pride and Prejudice. The essence of the original characters were captured precisely, and the book carried the dignity and writing style of a Jane Austen novel. It was like meeting up with dear old friends again. Since the writing was so true to Ms. Austen's style, my imagination whisked me right back to where Pride and Prejudice left off. The transition was flawless and thus I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Whereas when devouring a Jane Austen novel an annotated version can be helpful, Ms. Winslow's The Darcy's of Pemberley was less complicated and may only occasionally require a dictionary if the reader is not already familiar with Regency era language and expressions; this is just my opinion. Additionally, I found that the book started off at a slower pace but quickly gained momentum and kept me engrossed to the very last page.

I completely enjoyed this book and recommend it highly. I was so pleased by it that I am looking forward to reading Return to Longbourn. Excellent!! ( )
  Lauigl | Feb 14, 2014 |
I am a little obsessed with the works of Jane Austen and I was thrilled when I found this book. Whenever I finish a book, even books with definite endings, I always want to know what happens next. This book delivered a wonderful ending to Elizabeth and Darcy's love story. I believe that Jane Austen would have been pleased! The only problem I had with the book was Wickham's scene at the end. It just seemed a little far fetched. This book gave me a wonderful way to picture the Darcy's in their happily ever after. ( )
  LBlauser | Apr 26, 2013 |
The Darcy's of Pemberley is a worthy sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Fitzwilliam, Elizabeth, and Georgiana Darcy are all true to form.

I didn't want to put the book down. There was a mystery behind the scene between Mr. Darcy and Wickham that kept me guessing and wondering until close to the end of the book.

Georgiana is now of age and is introduced to society. She reveals the secret of her heart to Elizabeth and requires her to keep it a concealed, even to her husband. This leads to tension and an interesting plot twist.

I will be reading more from Shannon Winslow. I highly recommend this book to all who enjoy Jane Austen and sequels based on her works. ( )
  jamesfallen | Mar 29, 2013 |

A sequel faithful to Jane Austen’s beloved masterpiece, Pride and Prejudice. Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy have been married for almost a year, and their heated arguments are a thing of the past. All that passion is now directed into more satisfying pursuits. But how long can the honeymoon last? The couple’s idyllic life together at Pemberley is jeopardized by the secrets they begin keeping from each other, the troubles of their closest friends, and the threat of a villain in their midst. Layers of seemingly innocent deception are building between Darcy and Elizabeth, threatening their relationship. He is conducting some covert business dealings that he’s unwilling to share with his wife, and she likewise begins keeping things from him against her own better judgment. The couple also becomes embroiled in the tribulations of Mr. Darcy’s younger sister, Georgiana, and his friend and cousin, Colonel Fitzwilliam. Fitzwilliam falls victim to their aunt, Lady Catherine de Bourgh, as the object of her latest scheme to make a noble match for her daughter. The arrangement satisfies the ambitions of the couple’s parents, but appears to hold little prospect of happiness for Anne and Fitzwilliam, who each harbor other romantic interests. During this same period, Georgiana runs the gamut of emotions as she comes of age. Her elation at her birthday ball soon crumbles when she learns the man she secretly admires is engaged to another. The excitement of a London season and the attention of two other eligible suitors cannot make her forget her disappointment over her lost first love. As the story progresses, the menacing shadow of Mr. Darcy’s life-long nemesis looms ever-larger. By carelessness and design, Mr. Wickham and Lydia painfully intrude into the lives of the Darcys and the Bingleys, with disastrous results. The Darcys of Pemberley is the tale of two romances: the continuation of Darcy and Elizabeth’s story, and the courtship of Miss Georgiana. For those of us who didn’t want Pride and Prejudice to end, this charming novel gives the opportunity to learn what happens after the wedding, to revisit all our old friends and foes, and to share the next chapter of their lives. Ms. Winslow carries on the saga much as Jane Austen herself might have – true to her style, her sensibilities, and the delightful characters she created.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:43 -0400)

The Continuing Story of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy have been married for almost a year, and their heated arguments are a thing of the past. All that passion is now directed into more satisfying pursuits. But how long can the honeymoon last? The couple's idyllic life together at Pemberley is jeopardized by secrets they begin keeping from each other, the troubles of their closest friends, and the threat of a villain in their midst. Layers of seemingly innocent deception are building between Darcy and Elizabeth, threatening their relationship. He is conducting some covert business dealings that he's unwilling to share with his wife, and she likewise begins keeping things from him against her own better judgment. The couple also becomes embroiled in the tribulations of Mr. Darcy's younger sister, Georgiana, and his friend and cousin, Colonel Fitzwilliam. Fitzwilliam falls victim to their aunt, Lady Catherine de Bourgh, as the object of her latest scheme to make a noble match for her daughter. The arrangement satisfies the ambitions of the couple's parents, but appears to hold little prospect of happiness for Anne and Fitzwilliam, who each harbor other romantic interests. During this same period, Georgiana runs the gamut of emotions as she comes of age. Her elation at her birthday ball soon crumbles when she learns the man she secretly admires is engaged to another. The excitement of a London season and the attention of two other eligible suitors cannot make her forget her disappointment over her lost first love. As the story progresses, the menacing shadow of Mr. Darcy's life-long nemesis looms ever-larger. By carelessness and design, Mr. Wickham and Lydia painfully intrude into the lives of the Darcys and the Bingleys, with disastrous results. The Darcys of Pemberley is the tale of two romances: the continuation of Darcy and Elizabeth's story, and the courtship of Miss Georgiana. For those of us who didn't want Pride and Prejudice to end, this charming novel gives the opportunity to learn what happens after the wedding, to revisit all our old friends and foes, and to share the next chapter of their lives. Ms. Winslow carries on the saga much as Jane Austen herself might have -- true to her style, her sensibilities, and the delightful characters she created.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,468,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible