The Gravedigger's Ball: A Coletti Novel…

The Gravedigger's Ball: A Coletti Novel (Coletti Novels)

by Solomon Jones

162615,960 (3)1 / 2

Picked this up on a whim while visiting the local library. Knew the author was a Philadelphia writer and enjoyed identifying the streets and places mentioned in another book I read by him quite a few years back. From that perspective I too enjoyed this story, especially since the main location is based on a historical cemetery here In Philadelphia that I frequently visit. As with the other book that I read I really felt like I was there; being a Philadelphian, I know where many of the streets and places are located and grew up with a person who has the same name as one of the characters in the story.

The overall story line was okay. I thought it would be a who done it, which it was, but what threw me was the supernatural spin placed on the tale. By the time I finished the story I really could not decide if I liked or disliked it.

Another person said read this if you have nothing else to read. I tend to agree. Glad I didn't purchase. Although I will read more by this author his books are quick reads that I can return to the library without having to worry about racking up fines ( )
  jewell100 | May 17, 2012 |
Started out as a quick light read, a mystery without a lot of gore (highly unusual) and it had the added hook of being centered on part of the life of Edgar Allen Poe and the Raven. Than came the ending, which I felt was not only rushed but ludicrous as well. Well I enjoyed most of it, but couldn't overcome that ending. ( )
  Beamis12 | Dec 11, 2011 |

The next thrilling novel in the all new Colletti series from acclaimed author Solomon Jones

Just weeks after tracking down a killer known as the Angel of Death, Detective Mike Coletti stands at Mary Smithson’s grave, mourning the woman whose betrayal nearly cost him his life. He’s joined there by Mary’s beautiful half-sister, Lenore. Moments later, a gunshot splits the air, placing Coletti on a collision course with the Gravedigger, a killer hell-bent on deciphering the secret of life and death. As bodies drop and tensions mount, clues are plucked from the victims, and one thing is abundantly clear—Lenore is the killer’s ultimate target. But to stop the Gravedigger, Coletti and his partners must go beyond protecting Lenore. They must go to the one place where life and death routinely meet. They must go back to the grave.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:01 -0400)

Just weeks after tracking down a killer known as the Angel of Death, Detective Mike Coletti stands at Mary Smithson's grave, mourning the woman whose betrayal nearly cost him his life. He's joined there by Mary's beautiful half sister, Lenore. Moments later, a gunshot splits the air, placing Coletti on a collision course with the Gravedigger, a killer hell-bent on deciphering the secret of life and death. As bodies drop and tensions mount, clues are plucked from the victims, and one thing is abundantly clear: Lenore is the killer's ultimate target. But to stop the Gravedigger, Coletti and his partners must go beyond protecting Lenore. They must go to the one place where life and death routinely meet. They must go back to the grave.--From front book jacket flap.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,297,191 books! | Top bar: Always visible