My Wild Highlander by Vonda Sinclair

My Wild Highlander

by Vonda Sinclair

211495,208 (4)None

Reviewed by: Robin

Once again Ms. Sinclair hit it out of the park with this story. From the classy way she told the love story of Lachlan MacGrath and Lady Angelique Drummagan. And they obstacles that are put in their way, to make this a real page turner that is hard to put down.

From the beginning as we find out about Lachlan, womanizer of the Highlands. He has had his run of the countryside and has now met his match in Angelique. He has saved one of the King’s trusted men so the king in return bestows upon Lachlan the fiery Angelique. Along with marriage to Angelique come land and a title.

Angelique knows of Lachlan’s womanizing and doesn’t hold much in him being faithful to her. She has a hard time with trust and doesn’t want to have a man in her life, let alone her bed. From the start the kisses that Lachlan bestows upon on Angelique leave her wanting more. And more is exactly where they head. The steaminess of passion comes off the pages and makes you want to keep reading to find out just what happens.

Throughout the whole story we find a very classy and crisp romance that takes us to not only the bedroom but outside where we find that sometimes to make things work you must do things together and work hand in hand. TRUST!

From the beginning Lachlan wants to prove to Angelique that he can be trusted. He sells his beloved dagger to get a special ring as a token to her. And as he wins over her people and surrounding clans he feels that this just may work.

But with many great stories there is always an adversary and this is no different. A distant relative feels he is entitled to the title and the land. Of which he wants to hold for his nephew. In the meantime he wins over some of the clansman that had sworn their allegiance to Lachlan. As the story unfolds a man from Angelique’s past joins forces with a woman that wants Lachlan and with Angelique’s distant relative.

Angelique is on her way to trusting Lachlan completely when the past hits them and they are once again on the run.Forced to leave their new home they head to the Highland’s where Lachlan’s family is at in search of help and hopefully healing.

As they work together they end up putting the past to rest and finally get things cleared up so that there is no doubt that they are made for each other. Only to find out that trust and love go hand in hand.

Ms. Sinclair’s My Wild Highlander is a must read and one that I recommend and will read again. I look forward to the next Highland Adventure. ( )
  RtB | Oct 2, 2011 |

Lady Angelique Drummagan, a half-Scottish, half-French countess, has suffered much pain and betrayal in her past. She wants nothing to do with the sensual Scottish warrior that the king has ordered her to marry because the rogue could never be a faithful husband, but she has little choice in the matter. Dangerous, greedy enemies threaten her from all sides and she's in dire need of his protection. Sir Lachlan MacGrath, known as Seducer of the Highlands, possesses a charming wickedness and canny wit which has earned him much popularity. After the king decrees that he wed the fiery hellion, Lachlan discovers there is one woman who can resist him--Angelique. Can he break through her icy faade and melt her heart, or will the dark secrets lurking in her past not only cost them their future together, but their very lives?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,353,044 books! | Top bar: Always visible