Barnheart: The Incurable Longing for a Farm…

Barnheart: The Incurable Longing for a Farm of One's Own

by Jenna Woginrich

Man, I enjoyed this. I really like the author's narrative style, and I've read her blog off and on for years. I love how she is passionate about many things, thirsty for knowledge and willing to take risks! She makes me want to dig out my fiddle, bake some bread, and plant a lot more raised bed gardens. She can keep the sheep, though. :) ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
I love this girl. Not only because we share alot of the same passions in life. She writes in a way that makes you feel like she is your friend... Sharing stories over a cup of coffee ( )
  bookqueenshelby | Sep 9, 2014 |
I can totally relate to the author and her longing for her own farm. It's a sweet and short memoir of her adventures in creating her own farm. The chapters were well defined and kept me engaged. Some stories were funny and some were emotional. It was the perfect mix for a snowy day at home filled with reading and my own dreaming for a farm. I hope to read more from the author. ( )
  EsotericMoment | Dec 8, 2013 |
Inspiring. Right up my alley.

Jenna Woginrich has written an excellent book about the life experience of modern day homesteading. She is not alone in this movement but she does give voice to those of us who are single ladies, full-time workers who still want to grow our own food and own our own land.
This book came at a perfect time for me and many of the experiences Jenna had I have had as well so there was some comedic common ground.

I enjoyed this book so much I will most likely read her other books. ( )
  untitled841 | Apr 9, 2013 |
Though I'd never want to live on a farm, I do think I'd love to have a hobby farm someday with chickens, dogs and donkeys and a cat or two.

What I love about this book and author, Jenna is her sense of humor - as well as how in her mid 20's she knew what exactly she wanted for her life. Jenna didn't let the fact that she was young and single, and never having owned a home or farm for that matter, stop her from getting and living her dream.

Sure, she has had her struggles but she remains steadfast in what she wants and believes. This is a book I will absolutely read again and again. Cant' wait for her next book to come out. ( )
1 vote barbaratechel | Apr 3, 2012 |

Whether they're about raising chickens or herding sheep, the tales of Jenna Woginrich have caught the imagination of thousands of young homesteaders. As she learns traditional farming skills by trial and error, Woginrich records her offbeat observations and poignant moments with honesty, humility, and humor.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,930,126 books! | Top bar: Always visible