Three Days of Dominance by Cari Silverwood

Three Days of Dominance

by Cari Silverwood

Full review at http://scorchingbookreviews.blogspot.com

Sarah was a fabulous heroine. From the second I met her, I respected her decisions. She enticed Kai, got him into bed with her, and then started to fall in love with him. I didn’t blame her, the man was alpha possessive to the core and, having been screwed royally since she was little, and needed someone to feel safe with. When Con (her brother) recounted her history to Kai, I honestly felt a little teary; the woman had been treated terribly. She tried so hard to think of Kai as the enemy, tried to hate him, but in the end, her heart had the final say. However, she knew that she would always pick her brother over Kai. She knew she had to ignore her own feelings and try any tactic possible to rescue Con. I loved her determination, grit and selflessness. Kia was just...*sigh* :D He is famed for his self-control, but from the second that Sarah show’s up, his self-restraint is pushed to the limit. When he finally stops fighting his heart and turn’s up in her room, I melted. Seriously, the man is dreamy, taking what he wanted whilst making sure she was completely satisfied. He hate’s himself for looking as an object of desire, and not as someone he needs to protect, but he cannot resist taking her. Still, he doesn’t completely trust her, having been betrayed previously by someone he let close, and pays close attention to her actions and questions some of her more dubious excuses for her movements. He isn’t a man that loses his edge with love, he treats it himself as a man and a ruler separately, and the love for her belongs to the man, so the ruler still has to protect his settlement from her. The sex scenes between the two characters are spectacular. There is only M/F sex featured, but it does border mildly on the kinky with a mild bit of anal play and some control/Domination. With every sex scene, you can see Kai and Sarah falling for each other a little more. The author does a fabulous job of creating scenes that suck you in emotionally, and it just makes them more erotic. In a way it was heart-breaking, as at no point did I believe that Sarah wouldn’t chose Con over Kai therefore, each time they had sex, it took them one step closer to complete heart-break.

A fabulous sci-fi/fantasy romance with engaging, tortured characters that I willed to find happiness, even if I couldn’t figure out exactly how that could happen! The story wasn’t predictable, the sex was incredibly erotic and the plot was fast paced and interesting...It’s one I’ll keep and read over and over again! This story had everything I could have asked for and more and I’ll go out of my way to buy anymore that the author wants to write in this interesting world. ( )
  Scorchingrevs | Sep 21, 2013 |
Too much non-consensual goings-on for my taste. The use of Maori Fae (Maori mythology?) was pretty interesting, though. I might look more into that. ( )
  thewalkinggirl | Feb 27, 2012 |
First, I have to admit that while I love vampire romances, I've never been able to get into witches, shifters, magic, fae, etc... So I was a little skeptical about being able to stick to reading an erotic romance involving fairies...WELLL....let me tell you, I am so glad I read TDoD. to see the rest of the review please go to http://wtfbookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/08/three-days-of-dominance-by-cari.html ( )
  guiltypleasures | Jan 23, 2012 |
  guiltypleasures | Jan 22, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,568,472 books! | Top bar: Always visible