Happy Birthday to Me Again (Birthday…

Happy Birthday to Me Again (Birthday Trilogy, Book 2)

by Brian Rowe

I liked this book. I actually liked it better than the first book because Cameron was much more likable. Also, I liked that he wasn't clueless. Knowing everything that we did in the first book, it was irritating to watch him just be so ignorant, so I liked that he figured things out quickly in this book.

Also, I liked the mystery that is set up early on, since it looks like things will be easily solved, so what's the point?

Some bits were very predictable, but I didn't think they took away from the story too much. ( )
  mrso822 | Sep 21, 2013 |
This is the second book in the trilogy and I loved it. I like who the story only intensifies to something awesome.

What I enjoyed most about the book is the plot. Cameron is once again aging only this timebackwards. He is getting younger with each passing day. Cameron does a better job at not reacting freaked out but instead is helping the love of his life. Each chapter open ups more secrets about Liesel and who she really is. There were secrets that she is carrying that really surprised me.

Their love grew stronger. I like that Cameron and Liesel has to count on each other. Even in revealing Liesel hurtful past, Cameron saw past all of that and just yearned to help her. Cameron is so selfless in his actions.

The characters both grew well. They dealt with life opportunities as well as what is going on around them. Both of them fear much but you can tell that as a team they totally rock!

Happy Birthday To Me Again is a great sequel. The plot is filled with much drama as well as lies and betrayal. Strong and entertaining, Happy Birthday To Me is great! ( )
  Bookswithbite | Jul 27, 2012 |
The book again, like the first in the series, starts out with the “ending” and then you find out how Cameron came to be in that situation. So immediately you learn that Cameron is aging backwards (getting younger) this time. I was intrigued with the situation immediately, but it was the events of the book that lead me to wrinkle up my face and really go huh?? It just amazes me how people can have an idea for a story like this. It is so unlike anything that I’ve ever read.

A lot of things are normal for this 18 year old, as he is engaged to be married and his parents aren’t liking the idea, but when he starts getting younger the book picks up the pace. I did enjoy the events, some were a little far-fetched in my mind, but it did go with the story and style of the book.

Verdict: So I wasn’t sure how to rate this book and ended up giving it 3 stars. It was very different. I didn’t love it, but I didn’t hate it and yes I would recommend it to those that have read the first book in this trilogy. I still love the first book. It’s awesome. ( )
  nsjlh | Feb 23, 2012 |
What a wonderful trilogy this is turning out to be. I can't wait for the next book! For a brief review ***spoilers*** in book one we meet Cameron Martin. A 17 year old spoiled, self centered individual. A spell is cast upon him by an angry witch. He ages one year each day. When he reaches senior citizenship, the spell is reversed. The ordeal has left him a better man. The saga continues in book 2. Cameron is now 18 years old, in love and engaged to be married. He begins to question his decision about marriage. Incidentally, the woman he's marrying is the witch who placed and reversed the aging spell. When he tries to explain his concerns about getting married at such a young age, she becomes angry and inadvertantly places another spell on Cameron. This time, he goes backwards, he gets one year younger each day. To make matters worse, another witch enters the scene. One who is not so nice. One thing leads to another and Cam and Liesel (his bride to be) escape from captivity. I won't divulge any more of the story. Let's just say part of the ending threw me for a loop. It was unexpected. I cannot wait for book 3 to see how the story ends. ( )
  ljldml | Oct 3, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,587,165 books! | Top bar: Always visible