Double Shot by Christine d'Abo

Double Shot

by Christine d'Abo

D/s series. Pretty good... interesting characters, a real story line beyond the sex. ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
What a fun romp. I thoroughly enjoyed this sexy novella, menage scene and all. I look forward to reading book two in the series. Good work, Christine! ( )
  LilithDarville | Dec 24, 2013 |
I have only read one book by Christine d'Abo previously and I really enjoyed it. I was really looking forward to this contemporary romance of her's and it did not disappoint.

Sadie is the baker at her family owned coffee shop and she wants to build the catering side of their business. When her friend Paul asks her to cater an anniversary event for his sex club, she jumps at the chance. She also looks forward to spending time with Paul because even though they are really good friends, they haven't spent a lot of time together recently.

Paul is also looking forward to spending more time with Sadie. He's been attracted to her for a long time and the stars have aligned, they are both single and he's ready to let his intentions be known.

Double Shot, although of a shorter length than I prefer, worked for me on several levels. First, Sadie and Paul are friends and that's a favorite theme of mine. It also means that these two have a history and so the love scene doesn't feel rushed. Paul is also friends and work partners with Josh, so they have a history as well. Even though Sadie doesn't know Josh, she's comfortable with him for the most part because Paul knows him. I also enjoyed Double Shot because of Sadie's family dynamic. She runs the coffee shop with her brother and sister and we see enough interaction between them to give their characters depth and to look forward to their stories (as this is a trilogy).

I really enjoy Christine's writing and Double Shot was no exception. I am really impressed with how much she packed into this novella. If you are looking for a well written but steamy story, Double Shot is the way to go. 4 out of 5 ( )
  ames | Sep 30, 2013 |

ames | Sep 30, 2013 |
3 stars/Erotica

Double Shot
by Christine d’Abo
Carina Press
Published 10/03/2011

RATING: 3 stars

Book 1 of the new Long Shot series novellas by Christine d’Abo was good, but not exactly good enough.

Sadie Long is a smart and single lady who has recently opened a coffee shop with her siblings Paige and Ian. In an effort to help increase business, Sadie wants to branch out into catering since she is the in house baker.

Enter Paul Williams. Sadie’s easy going, sexy friend of ten years who also just happens to be on the board of directors for Mavericks, an exclusive Toronto sex club. Paul decides to help Sadie out by asking her to cater an event at the club. She finds the offer as hard to resist as Paul himself.

When the job (turned quest) has Sadie not only telling Paul her secret sexual fantasy, but acting on it, she ends up in a threesome with Paul and the hot club owner, Josh Scott. She wants Paul and he wants her. After the wild night, will it end their long friendship? or will their mutual attraction move them into a whole new level?

The story was good. I liked the wholesome coffee shop setting in comparison to the sexy night club scene. There was plenty of humor with likeable characters. The only thing it truly lacked was detail. There was not much to the back story so I felt a little disconnected from the characters. Sadie’s background was built up a little better, but throughout the story there just still seemed to be that little something missing.

While the sex scene was plenty hot, I am finding that the more I read menage the more it doesn’t work for me. I find myself over analyzing the details about positioning (who’s on first?) And trying to visual how or if the way it is described is unrealistic or not. When that gets out of sync, it ruins the mood for me. It has to be humanly possible and believable, right? Without giving anything away, I’ll just say that there were two moments in the story like this for me.

It was a well written, fast paced story with likable characters and steamy sex. If you don’t require a lot of other in-depth details, then this just might be the book for you. I am looking forward to the next book in the series.

m/f/m ( )
  showmegirl | Oct 9, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,740,006 books! | Top bar: Always visible