A Delightful Arrangement by Cecilia Gray

A Delightful Arrangement

by Cecilia Gray

I received this book as an ARC.

Lady Francesca Warrington is coming out of a three year mourning of the her mother's death. She excepts to have at least one season that was not granted her during her three years of mourning. As she is coming out of her morning she finds out that is already engaged to the neighbor's son, her mother's best friend's son, and her best friend, Phillip. Franny is so upset cause no one told her this until the very last day of her mourning and she thought she was going to be free of her father and that life. But will she??

Lord Phillip March is the gentlemen next door. He grew up with Franny and know everything about her. He has known about the arrangement for awhile and just assume that she knew. When things come to ahead, how will he deal with it? Will the go through with the arrangement or there be an out clause?

I am enjoying reading this series by Cecilia. At first I didn't know what to think, but I couldn't not put the books down once I started reading them. I'm only into book two of the four part series but I can't wait to read the next one. That is how addicting this series it. I recommend this author, book, and series to others. I would re-read this book ( )
  shyalwayz | Jan 31, 2016 |
I LOVE Cecilia Gray. And I love the cover of this book. I was thrilled to get this book and couldn't wait to start reading.

Since it's very very very short, reading didn't take long. And it wasn't as good as her other books, which I LOVED. Did I mention I LOVED them?

This one is just too short....you just kinda get into the story and it's done. Of course a happy ending, and not really long enough to detour, so just pretty much straight line to the happy ending. When I got to the end I really wanted to read about the sister.... ( )

katsmiao | Oct 23, 2015 |
This is a great short story that can be read in under 1 hour. Please be aware that this review may contain spoilers.

This is a story about 2 childhood friends that have grown in to adults. The main characters in the story is Lady Francesca Warrington who is the daughter of a duke and Lord Phillip Freeman who is the son of the Earl of March.

These two have been childhood friends and grew up together. While Phillips mother was a sweet wonderful person to Francesca after her own mother had died. Francesca's father was an old sour person who did not believe a daughter was worth anything except to marry them off to be someone else's problem.

Fanny did not know she was betrothed to Phillip. Phillip knew they were betrothed but did not say anything because he thought Fanny knew and had accepted it. While in the book the author uses engagement instead of betrothed.

This is a wonderful sweet book. I really enjoyed it. I have took off 1 star for the author not using proper words for the period that the book is written in.

The bunnies and I give this book 4 Carrots. ( )
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |

Phillip has a duty to marry Francesca. He has always protected his former neighbor and childhood companion, and now that she is of marriageable age, he will give her what she needs most-a real home where she is welcome and wanted. Unfortunately for him... she is finished with being dutiful. After years of being an obedient daughter to a hateful father, Francesca jumps into her first Season. Francesca is ready to dance every dance, flirt with every bachelor, and snatch what she wants most-a man she loves who will make her swoon. Unfortunately for her... he now sees making her swoon as his duty, too. And Phillip takes his duties very seriously. * * * ABOUT THE GENTLEMEN NEXT DOOR SERIES The complete series of novellas is available now! Don't miss The Gentlemen Next Door, because sometimes a lady in need of love need look no further than next door. Each of these shorter, sweet stories can be enjoyed as a standalone, but if you love one, then you'll probably love the entire series. Book 1: A Delightful Arrangement; Book 2: An Illicit Engagement; Book 3: A Dangerous Expectation; Book 4: A Flirtatious Rendezvous. Characters you meet in The Gentlemen Next Door also appear in the Kiss A Belle series, which features longer novels. While each story can be enjoyed as a standalone, you may want to read them all. Books 1-3 occur concurrently and can be read in any order; Books 4 and 5 follow respectively. Book 1: Kiss Me After; Book 2: Kiss Me Darkly; Book 3: Kiss Me Sweetly; Book 4: Kiss Me Softly; Book 5: Kiss Me Again.… (more)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Cecilia Gray's book A DELIGHTFUL ARRANGEMENT was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Cecilia Gray is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,430,076 books! | Top bar: Always visible