Marriage Rules: A Manual for the Married and…

Marriage Rules: A Manual for the Married and the Coupled Up

by Harriet Lerner

7320164,469 (3.34)1

If you have a marriage worth saving, this book is laden with easily-digestable, invaluable advice and insight. Unfortunately, I didn't, but if I DID.... I'll keep it for the next ride! ( )
  engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |
I think anyone could benefit from reading this book no matter if you're married or not. Gives a lot of great tips on how to embrace relationships and the make the most of them. Definitely one you could refer back to time and again. ( )
  mawls | Apr 4, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
to me rules. treat your spouse the way you want to be treated. if you need that meany rules you should be married to someone else or not at all
  A2Zhunter | Dec 5, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book offers practical advice on many topics related to marriage. The points were short, snappy and mostly entertaining to read. I read this as a newlywed and found some of the points quite useful, but it wasn't as thought-provoking as I originally had hoped. Still, it was a quick and easy read. And I've already mentioned a few of the items to my husband, who may read this soon as well.
  ktwamba | Oct 10, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Marriage Rules is a great advice book on marriage, covering topics from communication to sex to children and beyond. I enjoyed how the author kept the explanations of each rule short and sweet. She got to the point, and unlike many advice books that take pages and pages to say the same thing over and over, the author of Marriage Rules gets to the point, explains the rule, in many cases gives a real life example, and moves on. The rules are easy to read, tips are easy to follow, and the advice is the sort of common sense advice that many of us forget after years in a marriage. All marriages go through peaks and valleys, and Marriage Rules is a great book for newlyweds, a reminder for the old marrieds, and a help to those in marital crisis. I would recommend this book to anyone who is struggling in their marriage, and I'd doubly recommend it to engaged couples to read it together. ( )
  journeygirl | Jul 22, 2012 |

Presents advice to married couples for maintaining a healthy, respectful, sane, and satisfying relationship with the help of short, easy-to-remember rules for different subjects and situations.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Harriet Lerner's book Marriage Rules was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,107,471 books! | Top bar: Always visible