Once a Marine by Cat Grant

A nice quiet read. ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
A nice quiet read. ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
There wasn't really anything wrong with this book, it just didn't really pull me in. I don't think I connected with the characters or something. But it was very well written, and the story was good. I just didn't FEEL it, and know you fellow readers totally get what I'm saying here. ( )
  Bitchie | Sep 21, 2013 |
So good I finished it in one day (two sittings). Love Cole & Marc, and was totally immersed. ( )
  alyslinn | May 25, 2013 |
Sweet story with main characters that felt like my friends by the end of the book. A nice quiet quick read with a satisfying HEA. Enough drama to keep the plot moving but not over the top. I liked it! ( )
  FanGirlMom | Apr 2, 2013 |
added by gsc55 | editLove Bytes, Dan (Apr 1, 2015)

Discharged under Don't Ask Don't Tell, former Marine major Cole Hammond is struggling to find a new identity. But PTSD casts a pall on everything, and his hard-nosed, homophobic father can't even bear to look him in the eye. To top it all off, he's pretty sure he's flunking out of law school. Marc Sullivan is a kind, sensitive romance author-slash-waiter with a thing for men in uniform. Cole's not wearing his anymore, but there's no mistaking the warrior Marc meets in the diner one rainy afternoon. Cole's sexy smile and Carolina drawl prove irresistible, but Marc's played this game before, and he always loses. Once a Marine, always a Marine, and if there's one thing Marc knows about such men, it's that they all leave him in the end. It doesn't help that Cole's practically closeted in public, or that he refuses to seek treatment for his PTSD. But like any good Marine, Cole's willing to fight for what matters. And like the characters in Marc's stories, he's certain that if they try just hard enough, together they can find their own happily ever after.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,443,061 books! | Top bar: Always visible