The Gingerbread Man by Karen Lee Schmidt

by Karen Lee Schmidt

SteppLibrary | Aug 26, 2017 |
  SteppLibrary | Mar 21, 2017 |
  SteppLibrary | Mar 21, 2017 |
I liked this book because of the illustrations and the repetition. The author uses the illustrations to help the reader really picture what is going on and establish a mood of the text. For example, on pages 18-19 the illustrations she the bear running and then sitting down because the gingerbread man ran faster. This helps the reader see the sequence of events in the story. I also like the repetition in the story. For example, the author repeats the phrase, "had to sit down and rest." This allows the book to be a great read aloud and interactive/predictable text for young readers. The purpose of this story is to entertain and teach a lesson that you can't always trust as easy as you want to. ( )
  adietr3 | Mar 2, 2017 |
Summary: The little boys grandmother bakes him a gingerbread man and tells the boy not to open the oven until it is done. The boy couldn't wait and decided to just take a little peak, but when he did the gingerbread jumped out of the over and ran away. The gingerbread man ran away from the little boy, the grandma, the grandpa, farmers, a bear, and a wolf. Once he met up with the fox, he thought he could out run him too. The fox kept saying he couldn't hear the gingerbread man until he got close enough to eat the gingerbread man.

Personal Reaction: I think this is a cute book. I enjoyed reading this book, because it was a book that was read to me when I was a child.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. We could make our own gingerbread men and decorate them.
  BrittanyPatman | Feb 12, 2017 |

The gingerbread man outruns everybody, until he meets the quick-witted fox.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:49 -0400)

A classic folktale about the gingerbread man who couldn't be stopped - until he met a fox.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,417,229 books! | Top bar: Always visible