Goodnight iPad: a Parody for the next…

Goodnight iPad: a Parody for the next generation (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Ann Droyd

Title:Goodnight iPad: a Parody for the next generation
Authors:Ann Droyd
Info:Blue Rider Press (2011), Hardcover, 30 pages

Goodnight iPad: a Parody for the next generation by Ann Droyd (2011)

Hilarious and surprisingly sweet. The ending made me smile! ( )
  DanielleMD | Jun 20, 2015 |
Goodnight iPad is a book based on the story Goodnight Moon. It shows how everyone is now on their technology devices before going to bed. I liked this book for two main reasons. The first reason I liked it was because it is based on real life, and what the world is becoming. Each generation is becoming more and more involved in technology and it showed in this book what each device typically does. For example, it said "There were three little Nooks with ten thousand books." People use Nooks to read books. I think it is good that books evolve as the world evolves because it allows the reader to connect with it more. The second reason I liked this book was because of the humor. There was an old lady who was fed up with all the distractions and noises so she took all of their devices and threw them out the window. That shows how many grandparents today feel about technology. Another thing I found humorous was a play on words with the author's name "Ann Droyd"-that definitely related to the story. One last thing that was interesting and funny was that at the end of the story, after the lady threw out their devices, before bedtime, they started reading Goodnight Moon, which this story is a parody for. ( )
  JeNeeH | May 5, 2015 |
This is without a doubt one of the best "night time" books there is. The simplicity of the story is matched only by the tech that the story focuses on. Its a brilliant interweaving of nostalgia and modern themes. The story itself is deliberate and tells the tale of an era that will hopefully NEVER be considered bygone; quiet nights by the fire with one's tech. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

My only argument is this story is too short. However, that does little to take away from the actual story itself, so DON'T complain.

This is my sons all time favorite story in the evening, just before bed. He cries when its over and demands I read it again. I can't say I blame him. There is a timeless quality to the message. ( )
  pcadig1 | Feb 19, 2015 |
Great parody on the classic "Goodnight Moon." I have used this to help my son (age 6) that too much of a good thing, including technology, is not healthy. This book would be great in a Media Literacy course and could be used as a jumping off point for students to write their own parodies using classic Children's Literature. ( )
  lolhscybrarian | Nov 30, 2014 |
(154) ( )
  activelearning | Dec 19, 2013 |

In a bright buzzing room, in the glow of the moon-and iPhones and Androids and Blackberries too-it is time to say goodnight...

Modern life is abuzz. There are huge LCD WiFi HD TVs and Facebook requests and thumbs tapping texts and new viral clips of cats doing flips. Wouldn't it be nice to say goodnight to all that? Like the rest of us who cannot resist just a few more scrolls and clicks, you may find yourself ready for bed while still clinging to your electronics long after dark. This book, which is made of paper, is a reminder for the child in all of us to power down at the end of the day. This hilarious parody not only pokes loving fun at the bygone quiet of the original classic, but also at our modern plugged-in lives. It will make you laugh, and it will also help you put yourself and your machines to sleep. Don't worry, though. Your gadgets will be waiting for you, fully charged, in the morning.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:47 -0400)

In the bright buzzing room, it is time to power down. Here is a modern bedtime story about bidding our gadgets goodnight. Don't worry, though. They'll be waiting for us, fully charged, in the morning.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,804,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible