Baby It's Cold Outside by Addison Fox

Baby It's Cold Outside (edition 2011)

by Addison Fox

Collections:Read but unowned, Read 2012
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Romance, Series, 1 of 3

Baby It's Cold Outside by Addison Fox

Because I went to Alaska last summer, I know the author is geographically impaired for this state! Sloan travels to Alaska to support her best friend in the wrangle over Grier's father's will. Sloan definitely had no intentions of falling in love with Grier's lawyer, certified bachelor, Walker Montgomery. ( )
  nancynova | Mar 18, 2014 |
Read for Jan 2012 DFWTea Book Club
Overall Rating 3.75
Fun Holiday Read

NOTE: I am so glad that Book Club picked Baby It's Cold Outside by Addison Fox---it was such a perfect pick for the Holiday Season!

LOVED: The gals of the Alaskan Nights series are a hoot! If you have ever had really good girlfriends that will do anything for you then you know these ladies. They are fun, smart, quippy, and supportive. I dare you not to feel like you are part of their group. The grandmothers are also a hoot---Addison Fox knows how to write women!

LIKED: The men of the Alaskan Nights series are all in need of a quick kick in the pants but perfect for the women that will eventually tame them. I can't say I loved them but I did have warm fuzzy thoughts about them towards the end. I know in Book 2 (which isn't out till Nov 2012) I will probably feel more warmly towards them.

OVERALL: A great holiday read that will make you giggle and want to hang out with your girlfriends.
  thehistorychic | Apr 3, 2013 |
Sad to say no matter how hard I tried I couldn't finish this one... the characters all felt the same to me, and quite shallow, with the same dialogue getting spewed at each other over and over in different locations. Got about half way through before I took it back to the 'berry. ( )
  lovejoy_rat | Mar 9, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451235215, Mass Market Paperback)

After a frantic call, Sloan McKinley travels to the heart of the Alaskan wilderness to be there for her best friend, who's just inherited property in the small town of Indigo. The last thing she expects is to be lured by the town's matriarchs into their annual contest to get their grandsons married off.

But Sloan can't deny the appeal of the rugged local men-Walker Montgomery in particular. Soon she finds herself falling in love with the wild outdoors...and with one of Indigo's most beloved residents. There's just one question that remains: is the town's most confirmed bachelor ready to get caught?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:24 -0400)

New York socialite Sloan McKinley travels to tiny Indigo, Alaska, to help her best friend handle a sudden inheritance. Happening in town at the same time is the annual bachelor competition, cooked up by local grandmothers determined to marry off their stubbornly single grandsons. Sloan, who privately bemoans her own singleton status while fighting her mother's quest to march Sloan down the aisle to a suitable society husband, is intrigued by both the competition and her friend's lawyer, rugged outdoorsman Walker Montgomery. -- PW.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,609,506 books! | Top bar: Always visible