Obsidian (Lux Novel) by Jennifer L.…

Obsidian (Lux Novel) (edition 2012)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: Lux (Book 1)

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Obsidian (Lux Novel)
Authors:Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)
Info:Entangled (2012), Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, library, read, 2012, december, bb, aliens, paranormal, romance, high school

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

English (137)  Italian (1)  All languages (138)
This book is SO BAD. And seriously? Daemon? That HAS to be the LAMEST name I have EVER HEARD. And also, I object to that cover. I don't think I would ever in a million years be caught doing THAT on a boy, thank you very much. And when he stays underwater for 2 MINUTES, and when he can move VERY FAST--ALMOST SUPERNATURALLY FAST, and when FRIGGIN' STORM CLOUDS CORRESPOND with his moods, and when ... what's her name ... Bella Katy writes a friggin' BOOK BLOG and loves friggin' PARANORMAL FICTION, you would've thought she'd catch on a bit earlier. I mean, when that guy says "You have their trace" and she's all like "who's trace?" I'm like "YOU'VE ONLY BEEN SOCIALIZING WITH SOME PEOPLE AND THEY'VE BEEN ACTING PRETTY WEIRD LATELY, DON'T YOU THINK?! SO WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK HE'S TALKING ABOUT?!" *end rant*

P.S. I only own a copy 'cause it's free. Don't judge. ( )
  IsaboeOfLumatere | Jan 14, 2015 |
~~~~~~3.5 Stars~~~~ ( )
  BethYacoub | Dec 31, 2014 |
~~~~~~3.5 Stars~~~~ ( )
  BethYacoub | Dec 31, 2014 |
I LOVE this book. The next book can't come soon enough. ( )
  sjerrolds | Dec 15, 2014 |
Obsidian. I have absolutely no idea why I liked this book as much as I did. I really can't put my finger on it. There are some things in particular that I know I liked, but that doesn't explain why I liked this book as much as I did.
First off though, I will start with what I didn't like. This is just a bunch of books mixed together and rehashed with some nice writing, as many others have pointed out.Some of it is a bit of a stretch, but you can definitely see the similarities, right? It doesn't hinder the book too much, but it would have been nice to have some more originality.
One major difference between this book and Twilight is the fact that Katy has some major nerve, unlike Bella. Don't get me wrong, I like Bella for different reasons, but Katy is feisty. I loved Katy, surprisingly. I don't usual like girls like her. She reminded me a lot of Mara, from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, who is another love of mine. I loved Katy's wit and her love of books. I also love that even though she seems like a social recluse and a "geek", she still isn't socially inept. Her isolation seems to be based purely off of personal choice, not social necessity. I love how gutsy she is. She was one of the things I definitely loved about this books and that I thought worked.
I was not blown away by her counterpart, Daemon, but from the preview I've read of the second book, Onyx, I think I will like him far more. I thought he was definitely well written and a complex character, but I didn't particularly like him as a person. It's not that I hated him, because I did like him well enough, I just didn't love him like I was told I would. He reminded me of Mara's counterpart Noah, but a little bit less likable, probably because he didn't let his jerky/arrogant guard down as much and was so off an on, instead of Noah who, after the initial guard was down, remained pretty much all awesome all the time. For me, Daemon was just a bit too jerky, a bit too arrogant, a bit of a player, and a bit too off and on. However, much like the plot, I didn't dislike him enough to think that he made the book worse.
I loved this book, though I honestly can't tell you why. I've obviously found enough problems with it. However, I still liked this book a whole lot, and can't wait to read the sequels. I would suggest it to only people roughly thirteen and up though. Really, just use your own personal discretion. If you don't think you can handle some semi-mature content, than don't read the book. If you can, definitely go and read it.
Four Point Five out of Five Stars
Find this extended review and More here: http://themessengerreviews.blogspot.com/2014/01/obsidian-lux-1.html ( )
  TheMessengerReviews | Nov 23, 2014 |

Jennifer L. Armentroutprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Reggiani, SaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my family and friends. Love ya like I love cake.
I stared at the pile of boxes in my new bedroom, wishing the Internet had been hooked up.

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

When seventeen-year-old Katy moves to West Virginia she expects to be bored, until she meets her neighbor who just happens to be an alien.

109 wanted6 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,088,235 books! | Top bar: Always visible