Obsidian (Lux Novel) by Jennifer L.…

Obsidian (Lux Novel) (edition 2012)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: Lux (1)

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Obsidian (Lux Novel)
Authors:Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)
Info:Entangled (2012), Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, library, read, 2012, december, bb, aliens, paranormal, romance, high school

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

English (155)  Italian (1)  All languages (156)
So I pretty much loved this book. 90% of the time I wanted to throat punch Daemon, but even so I didn't want to put this down. It is an interesting story that isn't something I would typically read. Aliens aren't normally my thing.
I'd forgotten how much tension YA books have.I really enjoyed Katy's friendship with Dee, Lesa, and Carissa, reminded me if high school.
Overall it was a fun and fast read. *sigh* looks like I'm off to Amazon for book 2. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Great series but not for young teens

While I did like this story and characters a lot, it was not for a young audience. The language and detailed descriptions of the relationships in the book were not appropriate for a young audience. ( )
  cool-mom-e | May 7, 2016 |
Who knew being a jerk could be so likable. Daemon and Katy's relationship can be cold one minute and fiery hot the next. Daemon is an alien and Katy is his spunky new neighbor. Daemon enjoys ruffling Katy's ire, which Katy on some level seems to take pleasure in. Daemon and Katy were two of the best characters (put together)I've came across in a while, Daemon can be irritating but I didn't hate him once; Katy is no shrinking violet, she holds her own against Daemon's ever changing moods.

This was my first alien themed paranormal romance read, and it was a pleasurable one. If I every read another alien themed PNR. I hope it's as good as this one. The author's writing style was superb, the writing was witty, and appropriate.

Hope the next book is even better. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
I LOVED this book! Most of the time, books about teenagers annoy me. I hate listening to them whine about stupid teenage drama stuff. But, this one was different. The tension between those two is great! I absolutely loved everything about this book. :)

Raeadav | Mar 25, 2016 |
This was a super fun, fast paced read! I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the second one. Plus, hot aliens? Who would have thought? It's a great read, I highly recommend it. ( )
  ChelseaClaudett | Mar 8, 2016 |

Jennifer L. Armentroutprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Reggiani, SaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my family and friends. Love ya like I love cake.
I stared at the pile of boxes in my new bedroom, wishing the Internet had been hooked up.

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

When seventeen-year-old Katy moves to West Virginia she expects to be bored, until she meets her neighbor who just happens to be an alien.

169 wanted7 pay4 pay

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,956,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible