Obsidian (Lux Novel) by Jennifer L.…

Obsidian (Lux Novel) (edition 2012)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: Lux (1)

Title:Obsidian (Lux Novel)
Authors:Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)
Info:Entangled (2012), Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned
Tags:fiction, library, read, 2012, december, bb, aliens, paranormal, romance, high school

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

English (146)  Italian (1)  All languages (147)
I had to spend some time thinking over this book before I could review it. Unfortunately, I loved this book so much, I needed to spend some reflection time on it before I could give it a fair review.

The novel is obviously about teenagers falling in love, the supernatural and the angst of highschool.

I loved the fact that the author develops her own creature that is made of pure light, rather than cookie cutter vampire-werewolf themes. She even says werewolves and vampires are not real. Its a realistic world, with realistic characters, with REALISTIC problems. Many YA fantasy Ive read has some upper-class girl meeting a paranormal and falling in love with him. The main characters are far more down to Earth, and seem to continue to live semi-normal lives after the "secret" is exposed.

Also, i adored the fact that the main character does not become an over bearing Edward character, like Twilight. He lets the girl make her own decisions, and she even gets to save the boy! The female lead is a strong and independent individual and even in the end, her decision when the object of her affection asks her if she would date him..it was completely NOT cliche!

I cannot wait to see where Armentrout takes us in book three. I am definitely pre-ordering this. I just hope the female independence, and male respect continue in the next book.. ( )
  trigstarom | Sep 19, 2015 |
I knew this book would be amazing just by looking at the cover. I mean, who could resist those green eyes? Anyway, the cover of a book is always important to me. If a cover isn't flashy or pretty, the book isn't really appealing to me. That's just how I am.

Katy Swartz moved to West Virginia with her mother after her dad died from a type of brain cancer. Wanting to start over, they decide to move and live in a new place. After moving to West Virginia, Katy's life seems like it's going to be crappy up until her mom mentions the hot neighbor next door. Brightening her spirits, Katy decides to try and talk to him. She figures out his name is Daemon and that he's not very nice. When it didn't go so well in the first time, Katy wants to give up but she doesn't. Giving up isn't in her nature. Not backing down, she decides to become friends with Daemon's sister, Dee. Daemon tries to stop their friendship because Katy isn't like the rest of Dee's friends, but Katy doesn't stop being Katy's friend for one second in the book. Eventually, after Daemon and Katy get a lot closer than in the beginning, things start to look up. When Katy almost gets hit by a huge truck, Daemon freezes time and narrowly saves her life. Knowing that no average human could do that, she freaks out. Daemon explains that he's a Luxen, an alien that is made purely of light. Katy accepts the explanation like a champ and keeps it a secret. Soon after, the Luxen that are friends with Daemon and Dee find out that she knows and didn't tell anyone about them convinces the group that she is loyal and isn't all about being a snitch. When the Luxen's greatest enemy, the Arum, which are made completely of shadows, go after Daemon because he killed the first of the four that almost killed Katy and killed another human for the fun of it, Katy kills 2 of the remaining Arum and saves Daemon's life. Daemon then starts to pay more attention to Katy and be nicer to her just a tad bit. Later on, when Katy gets injured by a Luxen but still managing to kill it, Daemon heals her, which pretty much saves her life again. After all that drama dies down, Katy and Daemon figure out they are connected, somehow drawing them closer together forever.

In my opinion, there will never be a series better than the Lux series.

I hope you enjoy Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout! ( )
  uknowitwerock | Aug 22, 2015 |
SO glad I listened to all of your guys shouting about this book! This is definitely one of those times I'm so happy to be a book blogger. A book that has been getting my attention all over the Internet, goodreads, twitter, blogs and I finally saw it at my library and picked it up.

Daemon is hella hot. I'm on the bandwagon. The sexy bandwagon that is Daemon lol. Didnt think aliens could be so sexy. Will be eagerly attempting to get the sequel. Ordered from my library hope it hurries up!

Do yourself a favor and READ THIS BOOK. ( )
  Diamond.Dee. | Jul 3, 2015 |
This story is full of heart-stopping action, swoon-worthy-romance. It seriously is that good. Obsidian is a forget-your-homework, don’t-feed-your-kids, and quit-your-job one-sit-read. !! I am not kidding, I actually have forgot my homework to read it. I may have read 100’s of Teen books ( including twilight and vampire diaries ), but trust me on this. this one’s the best ⇑. This one’s the first book of Lux series… the 5th book is just gonna release on 5th of August. I have read all the 4 parts and actually I was re-reading those.

This story is of a 17-year-old girl Katy who just moved to a new place with her mother to escape the painful memories of her father and have a new start. But she didn’t expect to start anew by getting involved in the life of his neighbor Daemon Black who is an undeniably hot arrogant jerk to whom she is very unfortunately attracted as he seems to hate her. And its not what it looks like, Daemon has got secrets of his own…. otherworldly secrets.⊗ ( )
  Zil_Sheth | Jun 25, 2015 |
Please keep it coming! I can really relate a lot with Katy, since I also am a book blogger and completely obsessed with all things realted to books!
Daemon he's just Daemon and I can see the chemistry between them! ( )
  anaesteves | May 21, 2015 |

Jennifer L. Armentroutprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Reggiani, SaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my family and friends. Love ya like I love cake.
I stared at the pile of boxes in my new bedroom, wishing the Internet had been hooked up.

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

When seventeen-year-old Katy moves to West Virginia she expects to be bored, until she meets her neighbor who just happens to be an alien.

55 wanted7 pay4 pay

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,892,588 books! | Top bar: Always visible