Obsidian (Lux Novel) by Jennifer L.…

Obsidian (Lux Novel) (edition 2012)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: Lux (1)

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Obsidian (Lux Novel)
Authors:Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)
Info:Entangled (2012), Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, library, read, 2012, december, bb, aliens, paranormal, romance, high school

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Recently added byprivate library, DobbyHasWings, Glire, SheReadsALot, kt_traas

English (158)  Italian (1)  All languages (159)
Más bien es como un 2,5.

Leí este libro por las altas calificaciones que todos le dan, y no es malo, pero tampoco es nada extraordinario.

Todo el tiempo mientras lo leía no podía evitar pensar en lo mucho que se parece a [b:Hush, Hush|6339664|Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)|Becca Fitzpatrick|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1358261334s/6339664.jpg|6525609], de hecho es prácticamente igual, sólo que en vez de ángeles aquí tenemos alienigenas.

Aunque por momentos era divertido, todo es demasiado típico como para entusiasmarme. Nada de lo que ocurre a lo largo de la trama me sorprende, y realmente no creo que las continuaciones mejoren en algo, por lo que dudo muchísimo que las lea. ( )
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |
"Once I lived for the touch of the Sun. I dimly remember this. Now, though, I am part of the human world. I need to know why, I need to know what has happened to me. But this male, this beautiful gentle male who rescued me from the forest floor and touches me so sweetly… he is mine.

This, I need no one to tell me.

This I know."

Okay, I'm one of those 'ew, snakes' people - can't stand snakes, scare the hell out of me, etc.
But there is something about snake shifters that change the game for me.

Rory Ni Coilean's Obsidian packs a punch in less than 8K. The prose was touch purple in the beginning. We're talking lilacs and violets. But the world building and race she creates held my attention that I didn't worry about the purple.

It was all about Naqxo, Lamia (snake) shifter and Damis, a human who was betrothed to the female-dominant race. The inner turmoil of Damis, who prefers men and laments having to be given to a woman was done very well. The fact that Naqxo is a snake takes a backseat to the fantasy filled magic that happened on the page.

It was magical, romantic and gives enough without giving anything away. Some authors can be open and others hold their cards to their chest. This one is the latter giving just enough to carry off this short story.

And the first time sex scene was scorching. I'm hissing along with Damis and Naqxo.

Thanks to the author and team behind this story.
" ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
Well I thought I would give this book a try because it’s from Jennifer L. Armentrout and because it had aliens in it. I had a hard time reading this book because the male protagonist, Daemon, is the biggest jerk ever! Honestly I get that the main female protagonist is taken in by his smashing good looks and that she really has no experience in life so a hot guy would be alluring but he written as the biggest jerk ever.

What I liked:

The alien aspect: They are beings of light and how they were written was interesting.

Katy: Leading lady and she is funny, does not roll over and take Daemon’s crap and does what she thinks is right. You go girl!

Dee: Daemon’s twin sister. She might be an alien but I really like her spunk. I like that she wants to have a life and make her own choices and that she is true to Katy.

What I did not like:

This book follows a typical formula. Bookish girl meets hot guy, drools over him but she does “want” him, liar, but she just cannot seem to keep her eyes, or hands off of him, and he is broody and full on angst. Somehow he is truly drawn to her because she is somehow hot and she never knew but that doesn’t mean he can be sweet or respectful in public but in the end he just can’t help himself, he has to protect her….because you know that somehow she is in danger. Mega eye-rolls on this.

Overall, I enjoyed the story with the beings of light. That was a different twist with them and the Arums. For those reasons I gave this story a three star rating. Daemon alone took away two stars. Sorry, men who are verbally abusive are never, ever, ever, ok in my book, even fictional ones. ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Jun 8, 2016 |
So I pretty much loved this book. 90% of the time I wanted to throat punch Daemon, but even so I didn't want to put this down. It is an interesting story that isn't something I would typically read. Aliens aren't normally my thing.
I'd forgotten how much tension YA books have.I really enjoyed Katy's friendship with Dee, Lesa, and Carissa, reminded me if high school.
Overall it was a fun and fast read. *sigh* looks like I'm off to Amazon for book 2. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Great series but not for young teens

While I did like this story and characters a lot, it was not for a young audience. The language and detailed descriptions of the relationships in the book were not appropriate for a young audience. ( )
  cool-mom-e | May 7, 2016 |

Jennifer L. Armentroutprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Reggiani, SaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my family and friends. Love ya like I love cake.
I stared at the pile of boxes in my new bedroom, wishing the Internet had been hooked up.

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

When seventeen-year-old Katy moves to West Virginia she expects to be bored, until she meets her neighbor who just happens to be an alien.

169 wanted7 pay4 pay

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,815,821 books! | Top bar: Always visible