Obsidian (Lux Novel) by Jennifer L.…

Obsidian (Lux Novel) (edition 2012)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)

Series: Lux (Book 1)

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Obsidian (Lux Novel)
Authors:Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)
Info:Entangled (2012), Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, library, read, 2012, december, bb, aliens, paranormal, romance, high school

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

English (127)  Italian (1)  All languages (128)
I was quite surprised by this book. Didn't think that Daemon and Dee were going to be such likeable characters. If you describe the book by telling people that a human girl falls for a hot alien guy and befriends his alien sister, it sounds so lame, but it was surprisingly okay. Just as good as the Twilight vampire love fest that happens as far as I'm concerned. ( )
  JRlibrary | Jul 9, 2014 |
Más bien es como un 2,5.

Leí este libro por las altas calificaciones que todos le dan, y no es malo, pero tampoco es nada extraordinario.

Todo el tiempo mientras lo leía no podía evitar pensar en lo mucho que se parece a [b:Hush, Hush|6339664|Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)|Becca Fitzpatrick|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1358261334s/6339664.jpg|6525609], de hecho es prácticamente igual, sólo que en vez de ángeles aquí tenemos alienigenas.

Aunque por momentos era divertido, todo es demasiado típico como para entusiasmarme. Nada de lo que ocurre a lo largo de la trama me sorprende, y realmente no creo que las continuaciones mejoren en algo, por lo que dudo muchísimo que las lea. ( )
  Glire | Jul 7, 2014 |
Dear God, I was not expecting to like this book - at all. I usually hate paranormal books, and aliens have always been skipped when I was looking for a new read, but this book, wow - it changed everything. I first found out about this book through my Goodreads recommendation page. I was one second away from clicking "Not Interested" when I thought, "I'm bored, why not try something new?". Wow, I had no idea that decision would lead to this. Obsidian was simply breathtaking, it was that good. I simply fell in love with Daemon, and fell even more in love with Katy and Daemon's relationship(or lack of, thank you Jennifer L. Armentrout for giving me anxiety), their constant arguing and denying their attraction(showing it, and then denying it again, really thanks Jennifer) is actually not annoying, but absorbing. Also, the amount of risk they take in order to try and protect each other is just - God, I NEED a Daemon in my life. He's sarcastic, gorgeous, mean, overprotective, jealous, and basically everything you never knew you wanted. Beautifully written ,Obsidian, along with the rest of the Lux series, will amaze you to no end. ( )
  AllaIssa | Jun 26, 2014 |
Reviews coming on my blog and channel ( )
  stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |
Reviews coming on my blog and channel ( )
  stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |
For my family and friends. Love ya like I love cake.
I stared at the pile of boxes in my new bedroom, wishing the Internet had been hooked up.

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

When seventeen-year-old Katy moves to West Virginia she expects to be bored, until she meets her neighbor who just happens to be an alien.

109 wanted5 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,552,537 books! | Top bar: Always visible