Obsidian (Lux Novel) by Jennifer L.…

Obsidian (Lux Novel) (edition 2012)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)

Series: Lux (1)

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Obsidian (Lux Novel)
Authors:Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)
Info:Entangled (2012), Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, library, read, 2012, december, bb, aliens, paranormal, romance, high school

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

English (164)  Italian (1)  All (165)
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around why I love this book so much. If somebody had described it to me in detail before I'd read it, I'd have thought that it sounded exactly like Twilight, but with aliens instead of vampires. Girl with single parent moves to new town, meets hot guy, said hot guy is super rude to her. He's even complete with his sketchy extended family, including an Alice-like sister and a girl whose extreme dislike of our MC is just like that of Rosalie. Hot guy saves girl from vehicle, revealing his powers, and the proverbial beans are spilled. Sound like another Twilight wannabe? No. Wrong. Obsidian is so much better than Twilight. Katy actually has a personality, and stands up for herself when people treat her badly. She understands her own self-worth, and doesn't base it on whether others like her or not. She's strong-willed, which I so admire especially in a YA main character. And Daemon....I'm still left trying to figure him out, even after I've finished the book. ( )
  brideofsevenless | Apr 18, 2017 |
Absolutetly wonderful book. Would recomend to anyone. Book pulls you into an amazing world and can keep you there for hours. Wonderful characters great story line. An absolute must read for YA lovers! ( )
  dmytrukc | Mar 13, 2017 |
I read the prequel first so I knew most of the characters at least a little already. I loved getting know them more and meeting the new ones. I loved how the ending wasn’t really an ending. I’m looking forward to the next installment. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Ok, so usually I won't like these sort of books - the whole, guy has a secret identity, turns out to be non-human and falls for a human girl against his better judgement book. However, I was drawn to this because it doesn't have a love triangle, it didn't seem to have insta-love and the heroine didn't seem to neeeeeeeed the hero. For those alone, I enjoyed it. ( )
  iShanella | Dec 2, 2016 |

Jennifer L. Armentroutprimary authorall editionscalculated
Reggiani, SaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my family and friends. Love ya like I love cake.
I stared at the pile of boxes in my new bedroom, wishing the Internet had been hooked up.

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

When seventeen-year-old Katy moves to West Virginia she expects to be bored, until she meets her neighbor who just happens to be an alien.

171 wanted9 pay4 pay

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,763,444 books! | Top bar: Always visible