Hunted by Rebecca Zanetti

Info:Brava (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 330 pages
Rating:***

Hunted by Rebecca Zanetti

Bloody Witches!"

The line is not from this book (see IAD series for said line) but the sentiment is shared by me. I love paranormal but I've discovered witches are closer to being my least favorite. I don't hate them but give me a vampire or shifter any day.

Luckily, there were plenty of vampire and shifter action to distract from the frustrating witch nation - those are some stubborn ass people. And Moira was so stubborn I wanted to knock her head into a wall a few times.

But I love this series...I fell for Talen in Fated. I plan to read the rest of this series on through. And while Moira tested my nerves, I love Connlan and her together. I do believe they cared for one another.

This story delivered a punch to the gut with all the double crossing and political back stabbing. Not knowing who are going to be enemies was slightly daunting but it kept me at the edge of my seat. I love the present themes of family first. And Connlan is what I love in a hero. What else should I have expected since he's a Kayrs? They're all alpha male and I eat that up like Oreos.

I'll try not wait so long between books. I missed this series and the development of the upcoming war." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
My favorite in the series so far. I loved that Moira was a strong, independent woman. Conn made the book for me though, loved him! Off to start the next one :) ( )
  Chrystina.Williams | Dec 4, 2015 |
I'm not rating this one because ultimately it feels like an old type paranormal romance with all the possessiveness, testosterone and primitive urges in the air. I'll skip that. Been there,done that, got a t-shirt. I need my characters to be a tad more complex.
DNF
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
My favorite in the series so far! Since the first book, when I heard about Conn's mate and then later, we got to meet Moira, I was excited to read their story. It was so great! Some crazy ass chemistry and some 'magic' going on between those two that sent my mind reeling. Cuteness overload with the epilogue scene between Cara and Talen. :) ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Connlan Kayrs is a Prince of the Realm, an ultimate warrior and a vampire. He has also been mated to Moira Dunne, a witch, for a century. He signed a treaty and gave her the space she needed to come into and understand her powers as the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter. However, time is up, war is upon them from several sides and Conn is claiming his mate.

Moira Dunne is The Seventh. As the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter she has more power than any witch on the Council of the Nine. She has spent a century training and now Conn has come to claim her. Despite the wonderful night they spent together and the fact he marked her as his mate, Moira thinks Conn is just doing his duty and that sets off her red-headed temper. Sparks will fly and fights will ensue. Oh, and there is a war to be fought. Will they survive the upcoming chaos?

I so love this series. There are alliances and enemies that seem to be in constant flux. There is mystery galore and an uncertain future. The characters are interesting and the world is wonderful. The plot is twisty and the writing is smooth. I can’t wait to read the next installment and see where this is all headed.

*Many thanks to Kensington for providing me with a review copy. Please see the disclaimer page on my blog. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Feb 3, 2013 |

"Moira Dunne is a witch--the quantum physics kind. Time and space are her playthings. Which might explain why her one-night stand from a hundred years ago has turned up to claim her--and request her family's assistance with the war he's brewing. But the more he learns about Connlan Kayrs, the more she comes to think this is normal behavior for him."-- provided by publisher.… (more)

56 wanted1 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,131,767 books! | Top bar: Always visible