The Immune Advantage: The Powerful, Natural…

The Immune Advantage: The Powerful, Natural Immune-Boosting Program to…

by Ellen Mazo

I didn't know HOW to categorize this one. I briefly considered leaving it out. It is, after all, a health book - but not a herbal one or necessarily one for natural health only. But then I got to thinking that it all worked into a program of sorts on enhancing the immune system ( with using foods and diet and exercise and more ) and figured, what the heck? Why not? Many of you are interested in enhancing your personal immunity ( as you should be ), and may find this book interesting to look into.

Basically the book is sectioned off into 5 parts. I find the best way to review a book like this is to show you what's included, and list the benefits and negatives on all.

Part One is the Immune System. In other words, everything about everything about ANYTHING concerning the immune systems. When I was reading this I felt like I was earning my PhD in something....talk about in depth reading! Inate immunity, childhood immunity, adaptive immunity, antigens, all the cells in immune system, chemicals, hormones, jobs, genes, immunodeficiency, lymphatic system - spleen, tonsils, thymus, Immunity and Aging connection, immunity system being in balance, the season sniffles quiz, the game of life quiz, and the healthy eating quiz.

It's written to be understood and they did a good job , but no matter how much you butter it up, it ain't light reading :) In the beginning when discussing the details, anyhow. The problem with me is I can read this, understand this, follow it carefully, and forget 20 percent by the next day, fifty percent by the next week, and in the end I will probably be able to sputter out a fragment sentence or two about something on the tip of my tongue concerning the immune system. Better study skills needed, who me!?!

Part Two is on Strengthening the immune system. They discuss how to maximize the immune system with diet. Stress, sleep, daydreaming. Environmental Hazards. ( These are all in different chapters, by the way). Power of the mind. Chapter 9 - top 20 immune boosters ( veggies, supplements,working out, sex and more). Then the to 10 immune boosters in chapter 10 ( smoking, PCbs, stress, sleep deprivation, and more).

Part Three is preventing and treating immune-related diseases. Now THIS is an interesting chapter! :) Colds, Flus, allergies, asthma, autoimmune disorders , etc --- in great detail! From causes to treatments ( natural, diet, allopathic at times, exercise, and other tidbits ). These all have their own chapter - including cancer.

Part Four is The MaxImmunity Plan - the six facet vitality diamond, the maximmunity diet, the maximmunity supplement plan, the maximmunity exercise plan, the maximmunity stress relief and sleep plan, the maximmunity emotion quotient plan, and listen to your body - all with their own chapters, called facets in this section.

Part Five is Immune Resources. 50 immune boosting cooking recipes, then super immunity ingredients...immune boosting foods to avoid, additional resources and their websites....safe use guidelines for supplements, eos, and herbs chart, index, conversion table, The End.

Honestly I haven't read this book cover to cover - a very complex book IF you did that; breaking it into parts is much easier to do. ( For me ) I know that the section 3 focusing on ailments will be an excellent reference guide when looking up those conditions in the herbals and health books when I'm curious -- and whenever I need to know ANYTHING about the immune system, I now know where to look. :) ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,747,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible