The Innocent by David Baldacci

The Innocent (edition 2012)

by David Baldacci

Member:bonnieclyde
Title:The Innocent
Authors:David Baldacci
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2012), Paperback, 448 pages

The Innocent by David Baldacci

English (63)  Swedish (1)  All (64)
This is the best action, suspense, mystery type book I've read in I don't know when. I'm not well-educated on the ins and outs of being a government hit man, governments or government agencies, but it was all very believable to me. Also, it has so many layers and twists. Some authors would have made the story much simpler. When I began to think the plot was winding down, a whole new piece would enter. Can't wait to find out what happens to Robie next. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
This book was great! It definitely needs to be made into a movie. ( )
  lynnski723 | Dec 31, 2016 |
3.75 / 5 ( )
  Amanda105 | Sep 5, 2016 |
Clasic US-centric patriotic crap, though not as bad as some others. What saved the book is that Mr Baldacci can certainly spin a riveting yarn.
  ossi | Aug 27, 2016 |

David Baldacciprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kuipers, HugoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Te Lindert, JolandaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Will Robie had closely observed every one of the passengers on the short flight from Dublin to Edinburgh.

America has enemies--ruthless people that the police, the FBI, even the military can't stop. That's when the U.S. government calls on Will Robie, a stone cold hitman who never questions orders and always nails his target.
But Will Robie may have just made the first--and last--mistake of his career . . .
THE INNOCENT
It begins with a hit gone wrong. Robie is dispatched to eliminate a target unusually close to home in Washington, D.C. But something about this mission doesn't seem right to Robie, and he does the unthinkable. He refuses to kill. Now, Robie becomes a target himself and must escape from his own people.
Fleeing the scene, Robie crosses paths with a wayward teenage girl, a fourteen-year-old runaway from a foster home. But she isn't an ordinary runaway-her parents were murdered, and her own life is in danger. Against all of his professional habits, Robie rescues her and finds he can't walk away. He needs to help her.
Even worse, the more Robie learns about the girl, the more he's convinced she is at the center of a vast cover-up, one that may explain her parents' deaths and stretch to unimaginable levels of power.
Now, Robie may have to step out of the shadows in order to save this girl's life . . . and perhaps his own.

Will Robie, a freelance hitman working for the government, rescues a teenage girl whose parents' disappearance may be linked to a vast, high-level cover-up.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,376,214 books! | Top bar: Always visible