Golden Buddha (The Oregon Files) by Clive…

Golden Buddha (The Oregon Files) (edition 2003)

by Clive Cussler (Author)

Series: Oregon Files (1)

Captain Cabrillo and his intelligence agents plan to strike a deal with the Russians and Chinese to exchange a golden Buddha containing records of oil reserves for Tibet's freedom, but his enemies will do anything to stop him.
Member:ranujrdz
Title:Golden Buddha (The Oregon Files)
Authors:Clive Cussler (Author)
Info:G.P. Putnam's Sons (2003), Edition: 1, 432 pages

Golden Buddha by Clive Cussler

English (22)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  All languages (27)
This is the first book of the Oregon Files series which sets the stage well for all of the following books. I have read/listened to other books in this series so I was happy to be able to finally listen to this one as I was traveling. The reader of this audio book did a superb job. I loved how he gives different voices to the different characters. Imitating the Texan is kinda funny, but I loved it. The story itself kept me interested and engaged as I was driving.
While the Oregon looks like it is a dilapidated ship, it is one fine high class technical wonder of the seas. . This book introduces Chairman of the corporation, Juan Cabrillo and the rest of his talented crew. These men and women were all operatives of various alphabet agencies. They have all come together as mercenaries, but in a good way. ( )
  travelgal | Jun 27, 2019 |
This was a good book, not excellent --the first in the series. it was a good introduction to the many characters that make up the Corporation. The plot contains lots of activity, not all of it relevant to the story. Clive, the master of the simile, shows his stuff. Not thrilled with this intro to the series...I may listen to another....or not! ( )
  buffalogr | Mar 23, 2018 |
I wish Clive Cussler would go back to writing his own stories. This novel had too many directions trying to interleave but failing. ( )
  RodgerA | Feb 9, 2018 |
When Cabrillo and his ship are hired by the US government to find an ancient statue known as the Golden Buddha, stolen from the Dalai Lama in 1959, the stakes couldn't be higher. Success of failure will determine the future of Tibet. Playing the Russians off against the Chinese while battling against mysterious forces who will do anything to stop them, the crew of the Oregon face a formidable foe.
  GoldenBuddhaCentre | Jan 28, 2018 |
This was a good book without being a great book. Being the first book in the series it was a good introduction to the many characters that make up the Corporation. It was interesting how the author tried to weave a real situation into the plot line, i.e. The Dalai Lama being in exile. It has caught my interest enough to continue reading on in the series, especially given the recommendations of people whose reading opinions I respect. I do feel the characters could do with a bit more fleshing out and I hope that will come in future books in the series. This book certainly took me around the world, now which country and city do I want to use for my Round the World Challenge! ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Jun 20, 2016 |

Clive Cusslerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Craig Dirgomain authorall editionsconfirmed
For my brothers Larry, Steve, Cliff and John, and my sister, Dawn, who never let a busy day get in the way of a good nap.
The flowers surrounding the summer palace of Norbulingka were closed but ready to blossom.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,906,375 books! | Top bar: Always visible