The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy,…

The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, Book 2) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Nora Roberts

Member:Kwidhalm
Title:The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, Book 2)
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Berkley Trade (2012), Edition: 1, Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:75 Book Challenge of 2012, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:Kindle

The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts (Author) (2012)

"Owen is the organizer of the Montgomery brothers, running the family's construction business with an iron fist - and an even less flexible spreadsheet. And though his brothers bust on his compulsive list-making, the Inn BoonsBoro is about to open right on schedule. The only thing Owen didn't plan for was Avery McTavish... Avery's popular pizza place is right across the street from the inn, giving her a first-hand look at its amazing renovation - and a newfound appreciation for Owen. Since he was her first boyfriend when they were kids, Owen has never been far from Avery's thoughts.

Great read and falling in love with the characters and the setting of this quaint town! Read the excerpt of Book 3 -the Perfect Hope) -can't wait to read the book when it comes out in Nov to see what happens to the ghost Lizzy, and hopefully a little romance between Hope and Ryder! A great read! " ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
I couldn't bear this book (audio book) I found it trite and boring. Usually I will stick with something to the end even if I'm not so thrilled with it, but I just felt this one was not worth it. Sorry. I know Nora Roberts has a huge fan base. Not a member, me, I'm afraid.
  Deborah.Blythe | Oct 12, 2014 |
Loved this 3 book series! ( )
  Sue860 | Aug 19, 2014 |
Owen is the organizer of the Montgomery clan, running the family's construction business with an iron fist, and an even less flexible spreadsheet. And though his brothers bust on his compulsive list-making, the Inn BoonsBoro is about to open right on schedule. The only thing Owen didn't plan for was Avery McTavish. Since he was her first boyfriend when they were kids, Owen has never been far from Avery's thoughts. But the attraction she's feeling for him now is far from innocent.
As Avery and Owen cautiously take their relationship to another level, Owen realizes that getting Avery to let down her guard is going to take longer than he expected - and so will getting her to realize that her first boyfriend is going to be her last... (desc. from tmommy4)

I love Nora Roberts' paperback trilogies. They are full of romance, interesting characters and often have a paranormal aspect to them. This trilogy is no different. The ghost, Elizabeth, is a key character and moves the plot forward in fun ways in all three books in the trilogy.

(summary from ISBN 1471301141) ( )
  lrobe190 | Aug 12, 2014 |
I did like the male protagonist, Owen, but felt the female protagonist, Avery, was held back by her emotional baggage. I felt they were a good match, but I wish the author didn't focus so heavily on the inn. I understand she owns the real Inn Boonsboro, but I don't particularly care about every single suite in her inn or every tagged item of furniture. I am eagerly awaiting the final book in the trilogy, featuring the innkeeper and the eldest Montgomery brother. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |

Roberts, NoraAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Andrews, MacLeodNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Meet the Montgomery brothers - Beckett, Ryder, and Owen - as they bring an intimate Bed-and-Breakfast to life, in their hometown.

The historic hotel in Boonsboro, Maryland, has endured war and peace, the changing of hands, and even rumored hauntings. Now it’s getting a major face lift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother.

Owen Montgomery is the organizer of the Montgomery clan, running the family's construction business with an iron fist - and an even less flexible spreadsheet. And though his brothers bust on his compulsive list-making, the Inn BoonsBoro is about to open right on schedule. The only thing Owen didn't plan for was Avery McTavish... Avery's popular pizza place is right across the street from the inn, giving her a first-hand look at its amazing renovation - and a newfound appreciation for Owen. Since he was her first boyfriend when they were kids, Owen has never been far from Avery's thoughts. But the attraction she's feeling for him now is far from innocent. As Avery and Owen cautiously take their relationship to another level, the opening of the inn gives the whole town of Boonsboro a reason to celebrate. But Owen's hard work has only begun. Getting Avery to let down her guard is going to take longer than he expected - and so will getting her to realize that her first boyfriend is going to be her last...

 Edit

Working alongside his mother and brother restoring a historic hotel in Boonsboro, Maryland, Owen Montgomery falls for a childhood friend.

582 wanted2 pay11 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,330,927 books! | Top bar: Always visible