The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy,…

The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, Book 2) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Nora Roberts

Member:Kwidhalm
Title:The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, Book 2)
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Berkley Trade (2012), Edition: 1, Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:75 Book Challenge of 2012, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:Kindle

The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts (Author) (2012)

English (46)  Piratical (1)  All languages (47)
I really enjoy Nora Roberts. You can always count on her for delivering a nice romantic novel. This is the second book of the Montgomery brothers trilogy, at least that is what I call it. The trilogy is about three brothers and each book one of them falls in love. This trilogy is enjoyable because they are builders and they are improving the town. They are a very close family which makes it fun reading a family that has each other's backs but don't let you get away with anything. Throw in three female friends and it's a great mixture. I also like the added bonus of Lizzy the resident ghost at the Inn and how they all believe she is there and how they want to help her. I couldn't wait for this book to be published and can't wait for the third. I will be sad once I'm done with these characters. But it's a nice read and a nice escape. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
I love this trilogy! November and the third book cannot get here soon enough! ( )
  butterfly58 | Jun 4, 2016 |
Almost got four stars. It's a romance, but it rings true to life, both in the brothers' interplay and the types of misunderstandings between the lovers. I've been impressed by the amount of loving accurate detail given over to the renovation process. I thought the author must have experience; and so she has! She owns the real Boonsboro Inn and was involved with it's renovation. Turns out the whole downtown is true-to-life as well. That is sweet. ( )
  2wonderY | Mar 22, 2016 |
I love Nora Roberts--her suspense novels, her "witchy" and spooky novels, her trilogies of whatever theme. I love them all. I know when I pick up one of her books, I'll be immersed in whatever town or universe she's created, I'll make friends with her characters, and I'll identify with the mom figure in the story. I don't read Nora if I'm looking for social commentary or a plot that makes me question the meaning of life.

Reading Nora, I might learn something along the way about gardening, or in this case running a pizzeria (or reconstruction projects, or opening an inn), but I read her books for enjoyment and a few moments of escapism. That's exactly what I got in "The Last Boyfriend," a good, solid love story with all the components of my favorite Nora stories.

It doesn't matter that I know from the start of the series that each of the girls will end up with one of the guys. It doesn't matter that pretty soon I'll be able to pair them up. What matters is that I like the characters and the setting, and I enjoy reading their journeys as they make their way to HEA-ville.

"The Last Boyfriend" was no exception.

LeahDee | Jan 24, 2016 |
O dear. Another sales/decorating brochure. If I wasn't a long time fan of NR I would have given up on this book before page 40. Luckily it improved a little bit after a while, but it was still far, far below her usual standard. Too much research, not enough emotion, tension etc.
Again - apart from a short scene nearly at the end of the book - there's no tension between the main characters. They glide into love effortlessly... boringly. There's barely any story there.
Sniff, I want the old Nora back.

2,5 stars ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |

Roberts, NoraAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Andrews, MacLeodNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Meet the Montgomery brothers - Beckett, Ryder, and Owen - as they bring an intimate Bed-and-Breakfast to life, in their hometown.

The historic hotel in Boonsboro, Maryland, has endured war and peace, the changing of hands, and even rumored hauntings. Now it’s getting a major face lift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother.

Owen Montgomery is the organizer of the Montgomery clan, running the family's construction business with an iron fist - and an even less flexible spreadsheet. And though his brothers bust on his compulsive list-making, the Inn BoonsBoro is about to open right on schedule. The only thing Owen didn't plan for was Avery McTavish... Avery's popular pizza place is right across the street from the inn, giving her a first-hand look at its amazing renovation - and a newfound appreciation for Owen. Since he was her first boyfriend when they were kids, Owen has never been far from Avery's thoughts. But the attraction she's feeling for him now is far from innocent. As Avery and Owen cautiously take their relationship to another level, the opening of the inn gives the whole town of Boonsboro a reason to celebrate. But Owen's hard work has only begun. Getting Avery to let down her guard is going to take longer than he expected - and so will getting her to realize that her first boyfriend is going to be her last...

 Edit

Working alongside his mother and brother restoring a historic hotel in Boonsboro, Maryland, Owen Montgomery falls for a childhood friend.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,479,985 books! | Top bar: Always visible