The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis

English (98)  Hungarian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Polish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  Danish (1)  Finnish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (106)
Knock knock.... Hi yeah this is a kids book and there is not one moment where anything even remotely funny happens..... Good story and good characters but come on! I want my kids to enjoy life. ( )
  areadingmachine | Jul 6, 2015 |
This book would be good to use when talking about following instructions, even when you do not know what they mean. I think students would like this book because of the strange adventure the characters go on underground. ( )
  Kate_Schulte078 | May 5, 2015 |
Puddleglum the marsh wiggle for the win! ( )
  katherineemilysmith | May 4, 2015 |
Imagine an edition that looks like this, but instead of Puddleglum on the cover it's the chair. Imagine the book on one of the little display easels in an elementary school library in a tiny town in rural Wisconsin. Now imagine a young girl, an avid reader who is going through the library with no guidance coming upon that. Well, I was that little girl. And I intrigued enough to pick it up and dive right in. Only well into the book did I realize it was part of a series. My first thought was one of relief - oh, yay, I'm coming in after a lot has already happened, my confusion is natural and not stupidity. My second thought was, of course, now it's time to read the whole set. Thank goodness for browsable libraries of physical books - who knows when I'd have encountered this otherwise. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
This is one of my favorite Narnia book! ( )
  melanielost | Feb 16, 2015 |
The mythical land of Narnia and the adventures one always has there are the subject of this charming book, the fourth in a series that fortunately shows no sign of ending.
added by Shortride | editThe New York Times Book Review, Chad Walsh (pay site) (Dec 27, 1953)

C. S. Lewisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Northam, JeremyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Allsburg, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Nicholas Hardie
It was a dull autumn day and Jill Pole was crying behind the gym.
Unabridged. Please do NOT combine with any abridged editions.
Please do NOT combine "The Silver Chair" with "The Chronicles of Narnia"

Jill and Eustace must rescue the Prince from the evil Witch.

NARNIA...where owls are wise, where some of the giants like to snack on humans, where a prince is put under an evil spell...and where the adventure begins.

Eustace and Jill escape from the bullies at school through a strange door in the wall, which, for once, is unlocked. It leads to the open moor...or does it? Once again Aslan has a task for the children, and Narnia needs them. Through dangers untold and caverns deep and dark, they pursue the quest that brings them face and face with the evil Witch. She must be defeated if Prince Rillian is to be saved.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0020442505, Paperback)

The Silver Chair [Paperback] C. S. Lewis C. S. Lewis (Author) ? Visit Amazon's C. S. Lewis Page Find all the books, read about the author, and more. See search results for this author Are you an author? Learn about Author Central (Author)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:34 -0400)

Two English children undergo hair-raising adventures as they go on a search and rescue mission for the missing Prince Rillian, who is held captive in the underground kingdom of the Emerald Witch.

Legacy Library: C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See C. S. Lewis's legacy profile.

See C. S. Lewis's author page.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,437,987 books! | Top bar: Always visible