The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis
Authors:C. S. Lewis
Info:HarperCollins (2005), Paperback, 304 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:2006

The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis (1954)

English (138)  Dutch (3)  Spanish (2)  Polish (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Italian (1)  Danish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (148)
A better offering than the previous 2 books by a mile! ( )
  GwenMcGinty | May 13, 2016 |
I have a mixed reaction about this book. First half was a little dragging and slow. But liked the secound up and story catches up. The main characters of Narnia are in background in this story. I can only give 2/5 :) ( )
  PallaviSharma | May 9, 2016 |
I like this book better with every reading. It used to be my least favorite of the Narnia series, but it is quickly rising up in rating. This book is different from the others in the series. Aslan is not seen as soon as normally, but that is by design. This book shows that God is at work behind the scenes and has a hand in our entire lives, even when we do not realize that He is there. ( )
  Venqat65 | Apr 7, 2016 |
Shasta escapes Calormen with the stallion, Bree, and Aravis, a young Calormene aristocrat, and her horse, Hwin, and when they finally meet the Narnians, they all get a huge surprise once they meet Corin, The Prince of Archenland. This was one of my favorite books as a child and, although the religious allusions are too heavy-handed for an adult, every time I reread it, this little band of escapees bring me the same joy they always have. This, and the other books in the series, will be on my to-reread list for the rest of my life. ( )
  -Eva- | Mar 26, 2016 |
  -Eva- | Mar 26, 2016 |
In the opinion of this admirer, "The Horse and His Boy" is relatively unispired. It does not glow as much as the incomparable first book of the series, "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe." It has not as much gay satire and plain excitement as several of the others. Just possibly the Narnian fields are suffering from overcropping, and could stand lying fallow while other fields are put back into cultivation.
added by Shortride | editThe New York Times Book Review, Chad Walsh (pay site) (Oct 17, 1954)

C. S. Lewisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Allsburg, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
[None]
To David and Douglas Gresham
This is the story of an adventure that happened in Narnia and Calormen and the lands between, in the Golden Age when Peter was High King in Narnia and his brother and his two sisters were King and Queens under him.
And he writhed inside at what seemed the cruelty and unfairness of the demand. He had not yet learned that if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to do another and harder and better one.
Please do NOT combine "The Horse and his Boy" with "The Chronicles of Narnia".

Unabridged. Please do NOT combine with any abridged edition.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0020442009, Paperback)

original CS Lewis classic!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:16 -0400)

A boy and a talking horse share an adventurous and dangerous journey to Narnia to warn of invading barbarians.

Legacy Library: C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See C. S. Lewis's legacy profile.

See C. S. Lewis's author page.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,813,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible