The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (The…

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (The Chronicles of Narnia Facsimile, Book… (original 1952; edition 2010)

by C. S. Lewis, Pauline Baynes (Illustrator)

Member:Deern
Title:The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (The Chronicles of Narnia Facsimile, Book 5)
Authors:C. S. Lewis
Other authors:Pauline Baynes (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollinsChildren'sBooks (2010), Edition: Celebration of the original edition, Hardcover, 224 pages
Collections:Kindle, Your library
Tags:British literature, Childrens books, English language

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis (1952)

The Dragon of Mith by Kate Walker (bookel)
    The Maze by Peni R. Griffin (bookel)
    The Odyssey by Homer (darlingtrk)
    darlingtrk: Dawn Treader follows the Quest archetype, and Homer is the archetypal example.
    Runestone by Anna Ciddor (bookel)
    A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (krizia_lazaro)

English (146)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Finnish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (153)
Finally finished this book! I was on page 77 today and then read right through to the end. I wasn't thrilled, grasped, by the beginning, but the rest of it I just raced through. I feel like all of the Narnia books are the same for me. I'm excited to finally read 6 and 7! ( )
  Kristin_Curdie_Cook | Apr 29, 2016 |
The adventure continues for Edmund and Lucy, accompanied by cousin Eustace. The journey takes the children on a boat ride to the islands and with every island there is a new "theme" exhibited as well as a new Biblical parallel. ( )
  Venqat65 | Apr 7, 2016 |
Lucy and Edmund Pevensie are with their odious cousin Eustace Scrubb when they are whisked away to the deck of the Dawn Treader to join King Caspian in his search for seven lost Lords of Narnia and for Aslan's land. This was one of my favorite books as a child and, although the religious allusions are too heavy-handed for an adult, every time I reread it, Caspian and the Pevensies bring me the same joy they always have and Eustace's transformation will always break my heart. This, and the other books in the series, will be on my to-reread list for the rest of my life. ( )
  -Eva- | Mar 26, 2016 |
Lucy and Edmund Pevensie are with their odious cousin Eustace Scrubb when they are whisked away to the deck of the Dawn Treader to join King Caspian in his search for seven lost Lords of Narnia and for Aslan's land. This was one of my favorite books as a child and, although the religious allusions are too heavy-handed for an adult, every time I reread it, Caspian and the Pevensies bring me the same joy they always have and Eustace's transformation will always break my heart. This, and the other books in the series, will be on my to-reread list for the rest of my life. This audio version is brilliantly read by Derek Jacobi. ( )
  -Eva- | Mar 26, 2016 |
As in many other of Mr. Lewis' books, one finds a strong poetic sense and awareness of the loveliness and mystery of a universe which cannot be wholly grasped by common sense.
added by Shortride | editThe New York Times Book Review, Chad Walsh (pay site) (Nov 16, 1952)

C. S. Lewisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jacobi, Sir DerekNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Neckenauer, UllaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Allsburg, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Geoffrey Barfield
There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it.
And then all the schoolboys joined in because they also liked processions and felt that the more noise and disturbance there was the less likely they would be to have any school that morning.
What awaited them on this island was going to concern Eustace more than anyone else, but it cannot be told in his words because after September 11 he forgot about keeping his diary for a long time.
Unabridged. Please do NOT combine with any abridged editions.
Please do NOT combine "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" with "The Chronicles of Narnia"

Lucy and Edmund, with their dreadful cousin Eustace, get magically pulled into a painting of a ship at sea. That ship is the Dawn Treader, and on board is Caspian, King of Narnia. He and his companions, including Reepicheep, the valiant warrior mouse, are searching for seven lost lords of Narnia, and their voyage will take them to the edge of the world. Their adventures include being captured by slave traders, a much-too-close encounter with a dragon, and visits to many enchanted islands, including the place where dreams come true.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0020442602, Paperback)

Book 3 in the Chronicles of Narnia.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:42 -0400)

Lucy, Edmund, and their peevish cousin Eustace travel with Prince Caspian aboard his ship, the Dawn Treader.

Legacy Library: C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See C. S. Lewis's legacy profile.

See C. S. Lewis's author page.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

5 editions of this book were published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Editions: 0061714976, 0061992887, 0061969052, 0061969060, 0061969079

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,254,512 books! | Top bar: Always visible