Chronicles of Narnia Box Set by C. S. Lewis
Authors:C. S. Lewis
Info:HarperCollins (2010), Edition: MTI, Paperback
Collections:TED 255
Tags:series book

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis (1952)

Recently added bycctesttc1, Birkit, private library, senaschool, Pages_Aplenty, Anabanana2012
    The Dragon of Mith by Kate Walker (bookel)
    The Maze by Peni R. Griffin (bookel)
    The Odyssey by Homer (darlingtrk)
    darlingtrk: Dawn Treader follows the Quest archetype, and Homer is the archetypal example.
    Runestone by Anna Ciddor (bookel)
    A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (krizia_lazaro)

English (160)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (2)  All (1)  Finnish (1)  Italian (1)  All (167)
The first chapter begins with a painting of a ship on the ocean that comes to life into the room - the adventure begins! ( )
  deldevries | Feb 25, 2017 |
Eustace is a horrible little boy, who is changed by his adventure. I liked the fact that his parents were the only ones not happy with the change. They were the ones who made him so dis-likable to begin with. I enjoyed the journal entries from Eustace's point of view. Aslan is much more an active participant in this story. ( )
  nx74defiant | Dec 23, 2016 |
18/2014 ( )
  moonlight_reads | Dec 11, 2016 |
Each Narnia book gets better and better. In this case we are introduced to Eustace Scrubb, a thoroughly unpleasant cousin of Edmond and Lucy.

They all go to Narnia, have adventures with Caspian and then go back to England.

I find it amazing how simple and concise these stories are and yet just how engaging and wonderful at the same time. I would find myself thinking Well, what if..., or How would this..." and I would have to pull myself back and remember that Lewis was writing this primarily for children.

And yet I was never bored, nor did I ever roll my eyes at a simplification. This was great writing. And it really shows." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This book, like the movies, has been my favorite so far. It had the most adventure. I'm excited to start reading books that have no movies (or ones I've seen). ( )
  Sareene | Oct 22, 2016 |
As in many other of Mr. Lewis' books, one finds a strong poetic sense and awareness of the loveliness and mystery of a universe which cannot be wholly grasped by common sense.
added by Shortride | editThe New York Times Book Review, Chad Walsh (pay site) (Nov 16, 1952)

C. S. Lewisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jacobi, Sir DerekNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Neckenauer, UllaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Allsburg, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Geoffrey Barfield
There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it.
And then all the schoolboys joined in because they also liked processions and felt that the more noise and disturbance there was the less likely they would be to have any school that morning.
What awaited them on this island was going to concern Eustace more than anyone else, but it cannot be told in his words because after September 11 he forgot about keeping his diary for a long time.
Unabridged. Please do NOT combine with any abridged editions.
Please do NOT combine "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" with "The Chronicles of Narnia"

Lucy and Edmund, with their dreadful cousin Eustace, get magically pulled into a painting of a ship at sea. That ship is the Dawn Treader, and on board is Caspian, King of Narnia. He and his companions, including Reepicheep, the valiant warrior mouse, are searching for seven lost lords of Narnia, and their voyage will take them to the edge of the world. Their adventures include being captured by slave traders, a much-too-close encounter with a dragon, and visits to many enchanted islands, including the place where dreams come true.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0020442602, Paperback)

Book 3 in the Chronicles of Narnia.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:42 -0400)

Lucy, Edmund, and their peevish cousin Eustace travel with Prince Caspian aboard his ship, the Dawn Treader.

Legacy Library: C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See C. S. Lewis's legacy profile.

See C. S. Lewis's author page.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

4 editions of this book were published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Editions: 0061714976, 0061992887, 0061969060, 0061969079

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,670,123 books! | Top bar: Always visible