The Librarian, Book One: Little Boy Lost by…

The Librarian, Book One: Little Boy Lost (edition 2011)

by Eric Hobbs (Author)

Member:aethercowboy
Title:The Librarian, Book One: Little Boy Lost
Authors:Eric Hobbs (Author)
Info:
Collections:Read but unowned, Have read, eBook, 2013 (inactive)
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, children's fiction, speculative fiction, fantasy

Little Boy Lost by Eric Hobbs

This gets a 5 star from me as far as readability for mid-grade kids. I don't read younger children's books, and I probably won't read another one of Eric's, but I looked at it from a young reader's standpoint. The school situations were believable, and the story itself had strong elements of mystery and a sense of fantasy. I will have to say The Librarian would have been my best friend growing up, because I was honestly "that kid". This is a series your kids will love to read. Enjoy. ( )
  mreed61 | Aug 10, 2014 |
I really wanted to like this book. It wasn't bad but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. It did get better nearer the end so I will probably give the next one a try. The premise is great but something about it just didn't grab me and pull me in ( )
  morandia | Aug 1, 2014 |
This is one of those free ebooks that ended up on my Kindle. I'm sure the author was hoping that this would be the beginning of a highly popular middle school fantasy series. However, despite some intriguing plot elements, the characters are purely stock, both protagonists and villains, and the writing pedestrian. ( )
  ronincats | May 21, 2014 |
Short but fun. Gives kids a new perspective on writing and how it is not always "happily ever after" for everyone. ( )
  carolvanbrocklin | Dec 27, 2013 |
It’s such a great concept to have adventures begin in a library, don’t you think? After all, don’t libraries hold within their walls some of the greatest adventures? And the very best librarians are those who not only know the secrets within the books that surround them but who, rather than reveal them outright, simply point adventurers in the right direction.

I really enjoyed the fact that Hobbs chose to have very small, bite-sized chapters in The Librarian Saga. They helped me compartmentalize what was happening to the various characters. The pacing of the story was wicked fast … so much so that I finished Part 1 in one sitting because I just couldn’t wait to get to the ending.

What can you expect from Part 1?
• a storyline revolving around Peter Pan
• two main characters who have lots of spunk
• a guest character who’s both piteous and honourable
• mysterious carvings
• a grand adventure

Hobbs has a great love for books and the art of storytelling. His passion seeps through every page of his work. I wonder which literary characters will appear as the saga continues. ( )
  mrsmonnandez | Oct 24, 2013 |

Eric Hobbs is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,152,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible