The Librarian, Book One: Little Boy Lost by…

The Librarian, Book One: Little Boy Lost (edition 2011)

by Eric Hobbs

Member:aethercowboy
Title:The Librarian, Book One: Little Boy Lost
Authors:Eric Hobbs (Author)
Info:
Collections:Read but unowned, Have read, eBook, 2013 (inactive)
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, children's fiction, speculative fiction, fantasy

Little Boy Lost by Eric Hobbs

My son is 8 years old, and we have been reading this as a bed time story over the last couple of weeks. I've never seen him more excited to go to bed. We finished it tonight and afterward, he asked if he could download the next in the series to my Kindle from his allowance.

The story revolves a bookish kid, Wes, who is often bullied by a classmate. During a field trip to the town library, he and his crush, Taylor, fall headfirst into some adventures due to the library's magical attributes. There's some feel good moments, some lessons learned, and mystery woven through the story. There were a couple parts in particular where my son got to giggling, which gave me the giggles, so I can say we enjoyed it thoroughly. However it is intended to be a series, as the ending is quite the cliffhanger.

We will definitely be downloading the second in the series! ( )
  EmberShane | Apr 7, 2015 |
This is a book I picked up as a Kindle deal because I like stories set in libraries. This is a pretty imaginative one. Wesley is a bookish boy bullied by his peers with one true friend Taylor. On a class trip to their town's mysterious library, Wes and Tay discover that the library offers portals into books. A Lost Boy from Peter Pan joins them as they hide from villains by entering The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. It's kind of a young adult fiction take on Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series, although with a less-engaging writing style. Still, the book was interesting enough to keep me turning the pages ( )
  Othemts | Feb 15, 2015 |
Loved this, can't wait to pass it on to the young ones! ( )
  ChewDigest | Sep 12, 2014 |
This gets a 5 star from me as far as readability for mid-grade kids. I don't read younger children's books, and I probably won't read another one of Eric's, but I looked at it from a young reader's standpoint. The school situations were believable, and the story itself had strong elements of mystery and a sense of fantasy. I will have to say The Librarian would have been my best friend growing up, because I was honestly "that kid". This is a series your kids will love to read. Enjoy. ( )
  mreed61 | Aug 10, 2014 |
I really wanted to like this book. It wasn't bad but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. It did get better nearer the end so I will probably give the next one a try. The premise is great but something about it just didn't grab me and pull me in ( )
  morandia | Aug 1, 2014 |

Eric Hobbs is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,974,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible