Eloise Wilkin Stories by Eloise Burns Wilkin

Eloise Wilkin Stories

by Eloise Burns Wilkin

I loved Eloise Wilkin when I was younger, but I'm afraid these stories are a product of their times. No more milk delivery, too sexist, and just too sappy. I will say I really liked 'Wonders of Nature' by Jane Werner Watson, though - Wilkin's illustrations do it justice and it is good science. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Summary:
This book contained many short poems. The poems all had diverse subjects but all were interesting to read. They are all poems that i believe everyone has grown up on and guaranteed to have heard one before.

Personal Reaction:
I loved this book and enjoyed bringing back memories of listing to these poems in my school. It brought new perspective on them and i was actually able to see more into the poems than before. I really enjoyed it.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. Have each child pick out their favorite poem. They then can draw a picture or just simply explain why this is their favorite one and how they relate to it.
2. Find the poems on disc and integrate the cd with the book and let each child join into reading it along.
  CaitlinJones | Mar 12, 2013 |
My son has handled, read, and pored over every page in this collection so much that it is barely holding itself together! I wish I could find the individual books, but they are a bit hard to come by (Ebay, etc.). I remember the illustrations from my childhood, so I must have pored over them as well. Both the gentle illustrations and realistic stories are perfect for the beginning or pre-reader. ( )
  saskreader | Jan 26, 2009 |
Baby dear / by Esther Wilkin --
Baby looks / by Esther Wilkin --
"Little boy blue" from Baby's Mother Goose --
"At sunset" from Eloise Wilkin's Book of poems --
A remembrance of Eloise Wilkin / by Jane Werner Watson.

Little Golden Books illustrated by Eloise Wilkin are among the most remembered, beloved, and requested by consumers. This collection, which contains nine of her best-loved books, will be cherished by collectors, parents, and children for years to come. It contains Wilkin’s most famous Little Golden Books (such as Baby Dear), as well as lesser-known Little Golden Books, prayers, poems, Mother Goose rhymes, and an introduction written by Wilkin’s daughter.
There are various authors of the books contained in the treasury, including Jane Werner Watson, who edited and wrote hundreds of Golden Books. She called Eloise Wilkin "the soul of Little Golden Books."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:33 -0400)

A collection of stories illustrated by Eloise Wilkin.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,609,514 books! | Top bar: Always visible