The Road to Grace by Richard Paul Evans

The Road to Grace (2012)

by Richard Paul Evans

Series: The Walk (3)

192861,408 (4.04)1

The third book in "The Walk" series and I think I enjoyed this one the most. Allan realizes that forgiveness and grace are just as important to the giver as the one that receives it. The first person he meets is McHale's mother who wants forgiveness for abandoning her daughter. He also meets a Polish, Jewish man who survived the death camps of WWII. He teaches Allan that hate for someone gives them a place and power in your life. Are they worth it. A real learning experience. Love this series. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Aug 18, 2015 |
In this third instalment of the series we once again walk with Alan Christoffersen, eight months into his pilgrimage, this time through the Dakotas and Missouri. Once again there are a few adventures along the way and most assuredly the heartwarming tales that Mr. Evans is famous for.

I have read all three in The Walk series and enjoyed them. It is Alan’s story and with him I enjoy the people he meets along the way. This one is no different, although I was not pleased with the ending. Kind of saw it coming, but now have to wait until next Spring to know the outcome. But, alas, that is the sad reality of reading a series. If I were forced to note one bad thing about this book it would be that it had a little bit of a “travelogue” tone to it that the first two did not. Interesting, but sometimes I got the feeling that it was a bit of filler.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
Have read the other two in the series. Sad but full of life's lessons as we should live each day as if it were our last. Now almost halfway through his trek, Alan sets out to walk the nearly 1,000 miles between South Dakota and St. Louis, but it’s the people he meets along the way who give the journey its true meaning. We never know what paths people walk and where they have been. People are put in our paths sometimes for a reason and season. Very interesting series. I am assuming there will be another to the series the way it ended. Compelling and inspiring novel about hope, healing, grace, and the meaning of life. ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
We are now about halfway through our walk with Alan. In this book he encounters Pamela (his wife's estranged mother), Analise (widow stuck in a small town), and Leszek (Polish Holocaust victim who picks him up after dizzy spell). The book ends with Alan being diagnosed with a brain tumor. Still a journey filled with wisdom.
  Judy.Welker.Frick | Oct 23, 2014 |
Light, easy read. A bit moralistic in places but I enjoyed this third book in the Walk series. Towards the end Alan covers a portion of Missouri that I explored on a personal trek of my own (by car) and that portion especially resonated. ( )
  wareagle78 | May 5, 2014 |
If you are going through Hell, keep going. Winston Churchill.
To my big brother, Dave. I still look up to you.

Now nearly halfway through his trek, Alan Christoffersen walks from South Dakota to Memphis, Tennessee. He covers more than 800 miles on foot, but it's the people he meets along the way who give the journey its true meaning.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,069,884 books! | Top bar: Always visible