The Road to Grace by Richard Paul Evans

The Road to Grace (2012)

by Richard Paul Evans

Series: The Walk (3)

Have read the other two in the series. Sad but full of life's lessons as we should live each day as if it were our last. Now almost halfway through his trek, Alan sets out to walk the nearly 1,000 miles between South Dakota and St. Louis, but it’s the people he meets along the way who give the journey its true meaning. We never know what paths people walk and where they have been. People are put in our paths sometimes for a reason and season. Very interesting series. I am assuming there will be another to the series the way it ended. Compelling and inspiring novel about hope, healing, grace, and the meaning of life. ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
We are now about halfway through our walk with Alan. In this book he encounters Pamela (his wife's estranged mother), Analise (widow stuck in a small town), and Leszek (Polish Holocaust victim who picks him up after dizzy spell). The book ends with Alan being diagnosed with a brain tumor. Still a journey filled with wisdom.
  Judy.Welker.Frick | Oct 23, 2014 |
Light, easy read. A bit moralistic in places but I enjoyed this third book in the Walk series. Towards the end Alan covers a portion of Missouri that I explored on a personal trek of my own (by car) and that portion especially resonated. ( )
  wareagle78 | May 5, 2014 |
Alan has lost his wife, home and busines. A once successful advertising executive, Alan sets off on an extraordinary cross-country journey, carrying only a backpack. From Seattle to Key West, it's the people he meets along the way who give the journey true meaning.
  SABC | Sep 14, 2012 |
Alan lost his wife, his business, and his home. Rather than giving up on life, he decides to walk from Seattle, Washington to Key West, Florida. On the way he meets his mother-in-law (who is seeking forgiveness), an elderly Polish man (who teaches Alan about forgiveness), and a ghost hunter (who has been searching for his deceased wife for 40 years). This is a quick read - sure to prod readers to ponder the meaning of forgiveness. ( )
  westfargolibrary | Jun 24, 2012 |

Now nearly halfway through his trek, Alan Christoffersen walks from South Dakota to Memphis, Tennessee. He covers more than 800 miles on foot, but it's the people he meets along the way who give the journey its true meaning.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,506,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible