Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

The Stand: The Night Has Come (Stand…

The Stand: The Night Has Come (Stand (Marvel)) (edition 2012)

by Stephen King (Author)

Member:Blondie539
Title:The Stand: The Night Has Come (Stand (Marvel))
Authors:Stephen King (Author)
Info:Marvel (2012), 160 pages
Tags:to-read

The Stand: The Night Has Come by Stephen King

A fantastic ending to the series! Wonderful art! The entire series is very faithful to the novel and I highly recommend it to all who love "The Stand". It's great to see it all come alive with words and pictures in the graphic format. ( )
  ElizaJane | Nov 10, 2016 |
The last epic volume is now finished! It ended as well as it started. I guess the magic in the novel is the spread of Captain Trips immediately hooks and addicts you to the book, but then other problems come into play. This volume sure had a ton happening in it. I'm not sure why certain characters at the end didn't get the idea to find a snow plow to try to make it home faster. The panel that really got to me, made me tear up a little bit, was remembering all the people that had that been lost in their Stand. This series was amazingly well done but you can't really match King's power of suspense in his storytelling. That is what makes it special. ( )
  booklove2 | Apr 23, 2014 |
Do endless nightmares got you down?

Still fretting over Captain Trips?

Worrying about starting a family but afraid that your eventual child may die upon birth because they're not immune to the terrible disease that nearly brought about the end of the human race?

Well, have we got some news for you! We're pleased to announce the grand re-opening of Las Vegas! That's right, take your mind off the end of the world and pamper yourself with some well deserved "me time".

You didn't think a pesky thing like the apocalypse could keep the entertainment capital of the world down for long did you? Oh, but this isn't your father's Vegas, no sir. Here's some new features that is sure to blow you away!

* Tours of our new weapons division - Experience first hand the growing power of the Las Vegas army!

* Fireworks daily by our own pyrotechnician, Donald "Trashcan Man" Elbert. - "Trashy" (as he likes to be called) can produce explosions the likes of which you've never seen!

* Public Crucifixions!

* And so much more!

I bet you're wondering how much an extravagant trip like this would cost? $1000? No. $2000? NO. $5000? Not even close. What if I told you this amazing trip would leave your wallet untouched? That's right sir, this is FREE** Book your trip now!***

**Entrance into Las Vegas requires your endless and limitless support of Randall Flagg (a.k.a. "The Dark Man", a.k.a. "The Walkin' Dude", a.k.a "The Tall Man"). Visitors must sign over their soul for all of eternity. Re-entry not permitted. Visitors must stay on the grounds at all time.

*** Offer not extended to residents of the Boulder Free Zone.

--------------------------------------------------​

I really enjoyed this final volume. I was worried that too much was left for the last book but it certainly didn't feel that way. I was really interested in how they were going to present the ending. It's certainly a unique situation and having seen the mini-series version coupled what I envisioned while reading King's actual book, Perkins art really nailed it.

I must say I'm impressed with how Marvel handled the comic adaptation. Gives me hope for their Dark Tower books. Once I finally finish that series, I plan on giving those a try. ( )
  branimal | Apr 1, 2014 |

Stephen Kingprimary authorall editionscalculated
Aguirre-Sacasa, Robertomain authorall editionsconfirmed

It's all been building to this, True Believers: the ultimate conflict between Good and Evil. The three spies sent by the Free Zone to infi ltrate Flagg's ranks have crossed over to the west, but have they underestimated the dark man's power? And the loyalty of those who follow him? Blood will be shed in the fi nal chapter of Stephen King's masterpiece of apocalyptic horror!

COLLECTING:

THE STAND: THE NIGHT HAS COME 1-6

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:02 -0400)

"The night has come for the good people of Boulder. Three spies from the Free Zone have made their way toward Las Vegas. And four of Boulder's own - Stu Redman, Larry Underwood, Glen Bateman and Ralph Brentner - have followed, as foretold by Mother Abagail's dying prophecy. Her vision said they were walking down a road of hope toward a better tomorrow. But with Randall Flagg preparing his army for the showdown, will anything the good people of Boulder do even matter in the end?" -- -- p. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,478,911 books! | Top bar: Always visible