Justice Society of America: Monument Point…

Justice Society of America: Monument Point (2012)

by Marc Guggenheim

1311,081,160 (2.75)None
"The Justice Society of America find themselves dealing with issue personal and political after rebuilding Monument Point. As Jay Garrick begins his time as mayor of the city, the other members of the JSA try to settle into their new home and Mr. Terrific attempts to deal with his gradual loss of intelligence."--Amazon.com.… (more)

I really liked the beginning of this TPB. There are a bunch of short, but awesome, origin stories of Aquaman, Superman, Batman, Second Generation Flash, and Hal Jordan's Green Lantern, as well as how they were inspired by the JSA.

Then we switch to the city of Monument Point and it's story. Jay Garrick, the first Flash becomes mayor, the first superhero mayor (as an aside, didn't Green Arrow do it first??) Monument Point is also the new JSA HQ, but the government doesn't want them there, but won't tell the JSA why (never a good thing). Stuff doesn't get better after that.

Most of the art was great, though in one of the issues the art was a little funkier than I like.

And the Original Green Lantern's costume, I'm pretty sure I don't like it... I got used to it, but I didn't like it. He looks a little too much like a New God (and they're a bunch of DC characters I've never really liked). ( )
  DanieXJ | Oct 23, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,143,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible