Halo: Glasslands by Karen Traviss

I mostly enjoyed reading this book. It's unfortunate that the author's heavy-handed approach to the Dr. Halsey story line really hurts what could have been a good book. As it is now, it should probably be reworked. That said, I did enjoy the rest of the book. She clearly can write well for her own characters. I just don't think she was the right choice to continue the Halsey storyline. ( )
  naviniea | Jun 18, 2012 |
In Halo the main charactor is John. The enemys are the Elites and other creatures. This game is fun because its an action game. In the game they have guns. My favorite gun is the plasma gernade launcher. It shots gernades at you and kills you. I also like this game because it has spiecial weapons. The spiecial weapan i like is the gravity hammer. it kills you in one hit . I also like the sword to. it strikes at you fast, then you die. This is my second favorite spiecial weapon. My least favorite weapon is the golf club. It does not have good handles or killing hp. I would say halo is one of the best books and games, its great!
  Curtiss37 | Jan 20, 2012 |

The Covenant has collapsed after a long, brutal war that saw billions slaughtered on Earth and her colonies. For the first time in decades, however, peace finally seems possible. But though the fighting's stopped, the war is far from over: it's just gone underground. The UNSC's feared and secretive Office of Naval Intelligence recruits Kilo-Five, a team of ODSTs, a Spartan, and a diabolical AI to accelerate the Sangheili insurrection. Meanwhile, the Arbiter, the defector turned leader of a broken Covenant, struggles to stave off civil war among his divided people.

Across the galaxy, a woman thought to have died on Reach is actually very much alive. Chief scientist Dr. Catherine Halsey broke every law in the book to create the Spartans, and now she's broken some more to save them. Marooned with Chief Mendez and a Spartan team in a Forerunner slipspace bubble hidden in the destroyed planet Onyx, she finds that the shield world has been guarding an ancient secret—a treasure trove of Forerunner technology that will change everything for the UNSC and mankind.

As Kilo-Five joins the hunt for Halsey, humanity's violent past begins to catch up with all of them as disgruntled colony Venezia has been biding its time to strike at Earth, and its most dangerous terrorist has an old, painful link with both Halsey and Kilo-Five that will test everyone's loyalty to the limit.

Halo: Glasslands by Karen Traviss is thrilling, action-packed science fiction that longtime Halo fans and newcomers alike will enjoy.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:46 -0400)

After the defeat of the Covenant and the death of billions of people, Dr. Rachel Halsey, thought to be dead, discovers a technology that can save mankind, as the Kilo-Five hunts for her and the Venezia colony makes plans to attack a weakened Earth.

52 wanted2 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,670,166 books! | Top bar: Always visible