Wool by Hugh Howey

Wool (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Hugh Howey

Series: Wool (1)

Member:CegeSmith
Title:Wool
Authors:Hugh Howey
Info:CreateSpace (2011), Paperback, 56 pages

Wool [short story] by Hugh Howey (2011)

English (43)  Danish (1)  All languages (44)
its basically part one of a book. Short and a good read. ( )
  newnoz | Aug 6, 2016 |
I was confused as to what was really going on for parts of this book, but once it all came together I was enthralled. The world these people live in must be so confining. I can't imagine what it would be like to live that way and then to doubt the way you've been raised and taught is the only way. The ending was very sad and abrupt and I'm looking forward to moving on to the next book in the series. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I had high expectations for this book because I read some of the reviews and how amazing it was. It wasn't a bad story by any means, I did enjoy it, I just don't think I'll read the rest of the story. It didn't keep me wanting more. However, I am glad I read it and I do think it does deserve praise, it just wasn't for me. 3 out of 5 stars. ( )
  Beammey | Mar 21, 2016 |
Good, fast read.
  seschanfield | Mar 7, 2016 |
This was a sci-fi short story. It was not good enough to lead me to read the rest of the Wool series. ( )
  ajlewis2 | Feb 24, 2016 |

Hugh Howeyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Broxton, JimmyIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Gray, JustinAdaptermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Cooke, DarwynCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
The children were playing while Holston climbed to his death; he could hear them squealing as only happy children do.
This is the original short story. Please do not combine it with the edition (also sometimes titled "Wool") that contains all five chapters of the first book in the series.

Dystopian yarn
Dust swirls and twirls outside
Don't fall for the hype. (cysb)

In a ruined and hostile landscape, in a future few have been unlucky enough to survive, a community exists in a giant underground silo. Inside, men and women live an enclosed life full of rules and regulations, of secrets and lies. To live, you must follow the rules. But some don't. These are the dangerous ones; these are the people who dare to hope and dream, and who infect others with their optimism. Their punishment is simple and deadly. They are allowed outside. Jules is one of these people. She may well be the last.… (more)

54 wanted3 pay3 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,107,244 books! | Top bar: Always visible