Star Spangled Banner by E. Rachel

Star Spangled Banner (1814)

by E. Rachel

"O say can you see.." Its great to show children when teaching the Star Spangled Banner. The words have great pictures for children to follow along while singing. It also gives a brief history along with the song. ( )
1 vote jaimie919 | Apr 25, 2013 |
This book gives a brief description of some historical facts of the United States.
It tells the reader who wrote the Star-Spangled Banner and why. It also gives the history of the United States flag along with several other great historical events. The book serves two purposes, on each page, one part is an historical event, and the other is the words to our nation anthem.

This book was fun for me to read because it is about parts of American history. I enjoy any book that has history in it because I am fascinated with history. I thought this book was a great book for children to read.

In the classroom, I would use this book when it is time to learn about these events in American history. I would have a worksheet over the book after reading it. I would have the students engage in a discussion about the moments in time this book covers.
  rpetty | Oct 26, 2008 |

This beautiful, patriotic book is sure to please all readers young and old.

Patriotic images of everything from historical events to baseball games to children marching in 4th of July parades accompany the words of our national anthem. This timely book brings a modern narrative to the song that was written more than 175 years ago.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:26 -0400)

Presents the star-spangled banner through illustrations.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,452,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible