Mind Game by Christine Feehan

Mind Game

by Christine Feehan

Series: Ghostwalkers (Book 2)

English (20)  Dutch (1)  All (21)
I love Christine Feehans Carpathian books. I tried several times to read the Ghostwalker series and just couldn’t get into them; then I got one on CD book and listened to it and was hooked from then on. Christine Feehan has written many books, and this is one the best. The relationship and the action is passionate and realistic. There are no clichéd or boring moments. Each character is strong, active, and their powers merge in a very interesting way. In addition, the entire Ghostwalker team from Shadow Game is back, and the team-play really makes the book stand out. I highly recommended it. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I'm not sure you can find a more annoying heroine than Dahlia or a more lifeless hero than Nicolas. Except maybe other characters in the GhostWalker series. Every other page was a long drawn-out scene that I guess was meant to be sensual but had me rolling my eyes instead. ( )
  aznstarlette | Feb 4, 2015 |
TBR
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
This is not the first Feehan paranormal series that I have read, however I enjoy the depth of plotline found within. I almost did not finish the first book, Shadow Game and almost gave up on the series. I had a problem getting behind the female lead of Lily Whitney, not really liking her and had no buy-in her happiness. However, when I read the back cover of Mind Game, I found the plotline interesting and Nicolas had always been my favorite in book 1.

Nicolas Trevane is the epitome of my image of the Alpha male warrior. He is quiet and has all appearance of being cold-blooded, but inside he is deeply passionate and faithful to his men and duty.

He is lethal in everything that he does, but he does not take life lightly. Both of his grandparents, the Lakota shaman and the Japanese warrior, equally spiritual in their own cultures have raised him with a respect for life. This respect for life and Zen reflection is something Nico inherits.

Normally, I have problems with how one-dimensional the male Alpha lead is in a Feehan book. However, in this case, Nicholas is not your typical sniper, but has a rich background and spiritual philosophy that colors his actions. However, I did find Dahlia rather flat, a typical “female in peril”. I got a little tired of her whining about how dangerous their relationship would be and she could never be “normal”.

Overall, I loved this book and it is one of my favorites in the series. I recommend this book for any reader who loves paranormal romance with well-choreographed fight scenes and hot romance action. ( )
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |
Contemporary paranormal from Feehan. While the writing style is very similar to the Carpathians, it's a totally different feel and dynamic. Fast paced. Overloaded with emotional baggage. Still worth reading the next. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |

Christine Feehanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stechschulte, TomReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Roth-Drabusenigg, ChristineÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tissoni, A.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my beloved sister Mary, with much love. Hope always shines eternal, even in our darkest hour. Somehow, you always have known that.
"She's obviously not cooperating again," Dr. Whitney grumbled and scribbled fiercely in his notebook, clearly somewhere between total exasperation and frustration.

Possessed of an extraordinary telekinetic gift, Dahlia Le Blanc has spent her life isolated from other people. And just when she thinks she’s finally achieved some semblance of peace, her well-orchestrated world comes crashing down...

For a reason she cannot guess, she has become the target of deadly assassins. Suddenly no place is safe - not even the secret refuge she’s established long ago. Now she must rely on Nicolas Trevane - a dangerous warrior sent to track her down and protect her. Together they generate a scorching heat Dahlia never imagined was possible. But can she trust this man with her secrets – especially when some people would kill to get their hands on them?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515138096, Mass Market Paperback)

Hailed as "sultry [and] spine-tingling" (Publishers Weekly) and "intense, sensual, and mesmerizing" (Library Journal), Shadow Game plunged readers into a world of terrifying power and forbidden passion. Now, New York Times bestselling author Christine Feehan returns to that exciting world to give us her most breathtaking novel yet.

Dahlia LeBlanc's gifts are also a curse, making it impossible for her to be around others without hurting them. But can she trust her secrets to Nicolas Trevane, a Shadow warrior sent to find her?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:35 -0400)

This sultry and suspenseful follow-up to "Shadow game" focuses on the exploits of GhostWalker Nicolas Trevane, who sets out to rescue Dahlia Le Blanc, a government operative with astonishing telekinetic talents, from her secluded residence in the Louisiana bayou. Nicolas's mission is fraught with danger. Not only is Dahlia emotionally unstable (she can make objects go up in flames when she's particularly upset), she's also been targeted by a traitor who has hired mercenaries to kill her. As Nicolas and Dahlia evade their pursuers and attempt to unmask the traitor, they forge a strong emotional bond. Dahlia fears her psychic powers may rage out of control if she makes love to Nicolas, but their passion culminates in a love scene that, while hot, only involves a handful of harmless flames. Feehan's newest offering is as swift-moving and sexually charged as her best vampire romances (Dark Destiny, etc.), with none of their florid prose.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,629,417 books! | Top bar: Always visible