Night Game by Christine Feehan

Night Game

by Christine Feehan

Series: Ghostwalkers (Book 3)

English (17)  Dutch (1)  All (18)
Both genetically enhanced, Iris "Flame" Johnson and Gator Fontemont met when he rescued her. They are attracted to one another, but Gator has always been a lone ranger so he struggles with his need to be with her and Flame trusts no one. However, he learns she remains in danger from Dr. Peter Whitney, whom Gator thought dead. Gator willingly risks his life to keep her safe. The characters are appealing, the story unfolds nicely with a good balance of action and romance, and it contains all of the elements that make for an engrossing read. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
This was not one of Ms Feehan's best, the typos in it (eg using Flash instead of Flame for a character's name) were annoying and distracting.

Usually I find myself immersed in the story (with Ms Feehan's books) right from the start but this one took till about half way through before I got to the stage that I actually cared if I had to put the book down.

I had been looking forward to Gator's story, and happily in the end, it was an OK story. It has certainly set the scene for more tense and exciting storylines in the future.

Basically, It is becoming more and more apparent that Dr Whitney faked his death and is now conducting field experiments by bringing together the men from the enhanced teams and the original girls that he experimented on.

Flame is not the most likeable of characters, but given her life to date, her manner is to be expected.

All the new revelations are especially hard on Lily, who had believed Whitney to be her father, and each new thing that comes out just shatters her more.

I liked the side story in this book, that brought Flame and gator together with a single purpose, to rescue a local girl who has disappeared. Lots of great detail there.

I would recommend this book, if for no other reason than that you need to keep up with the developments around Dr Whitney. ( )
  Barbsn | Jul 1, 2014 |
TBR
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
Contemporary paranormal from Feehan. While the writing style is very similar to the Carpathians, it's a totally different feel and dynamic. Fast paced. Overloaded with emotional baggage. Still worth reading the next. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
This is Gator's story and the third book in the Ghost Walker series. This is also the story where we meet Iris "Flame" Johnson. Gator and Flame are well match for each other both physically and psychically. There is also a lot sexual tension through most of the story because Flame is convinced that Peter Whitney has done something to enhance the attraction that Gator and she feel to each other. Flame is also convinced that Peter Whitney is alive. This book definitely brings forth the underlying plot that continue to play out through all the future books, or all of them I have read. This underlying and going plot is a hallmark of Ms. Feehan and she is very good at it. I like Flame even though she could come off as a bitch, underneath all the bluster she is a caring person even with all that Peter Whitney has put her through. I can't recommend this series enough. ( )
  LadyIsis | May 5, 2012 |

Christine Feehanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stechschulte, TomReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gnade, UrsulaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The GhostWalker Creed

We are the GhostWalkers, we live in the shadows
The sea, the earth, and the air are our domain
No fallen comrade will be left behind
We are loyalty and honor bound
We are invisible to our enemies
and we destroy them where we find them
We believe in justice and we protect our country
and those unable to protect themselves
What goes unseen, unheard, and unknown
are GhostWalkers
There is honor in the shadows and it is us
We move in complete silence whether
in jungle or desert
We walk among our enemy unseen and unheard
Striking without sound and scatter to the winds
before they have knowledge of our existence
We gather information and wait with endless patience
for that perfect moment to deliver swift justice
We are both merciful and merciless
We are relentless and implacable in our resolve
We are the GhostWalkers and the night is ours
For one of my dearest friends,
Cheryl Lynn Wilson,
because Gator has her name tattooed
on a certain portion of his anatomy
and it very clearly says property of!
Raoul "Gator" Fontenot paused in the act of stuffing his shirt into his duffel bag when someone knocked on his door.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515139769, Mass Market Paperback)

Gator Fontenot of the Special Forces paranormal squad must reel in the elusive Iris "Flame" Johnson, a victim of the same horrific experiments that warped Gator--and a red-haired weapon of unimaginable destructive powers bent on revenge in the sultry bayous of New Orleans. But can two people haunted by violent betrayals trust the passion that soon ignites between them? Or is one of them just playing another seductive and deadly night game?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:35 -0400)

A member of the Special Forces paranormal squad, Gator Fontenot embarks on a dangerous mission to capture Iris "Flame" Johnson, a beautiful weapon of destruction bent on vengeance, who has become the target of a lethal assassin.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,381,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible