Dark Symphony (The Carpathians (Dark)…

Dark Symphony (The Carpathians (Dark) Series, Book 9) (original 2004; edition 2003)

by Christine Feehan

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Dark Symphony (The Carpathians (Dark) Series, Book 9)
Authors:Christine Feehan
Info:Jove (2003), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:Keeper Shelf, Paranormal Romance, Vampire

Dark Symphony by Christine Feehan (2004)

Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters
    Play of Passion by Nalini Singh (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters

English (14)  German (1)  All languages (15)
This is one of the best in the series, in large part because it departs from the usual formula in many ways. First, this is a tale of murder and intrigue - a true mystery story, complete with secrete passageways, poison in food, dark family secrets, and rivalry between wealthy families. Doesn't sound very familiar for a Carpathian novel, eh? On top of that, we have Byron - who apparently took the events in 'Dark Desire' way more seriously than the mentally-addled Jacques did, and somehow blames himself for a whole lot of baggage that probably doesn't exist. Nevertheless, it's turned him into a decent male, and he actually romances his lifemate - possibly more slowly than he actually needs to. As for her? She's incredibly intelligent, perceptive, and cautious - and blind. She's a concert pianist who was blinded as a child in a boat 'accident.' She's also part of an absurdly wealthy family. I don't want to say much more, because it would be a shame to give away any of the plot twists.

Byron himself is unusual - most of our male Carpathians up to this point have been hunters, and Byron has been doing some hunting, but he's not from a hunter FAMILY - he's a gemcaller, an artisan. Which is fantastic.

We get an introduction to the funniest Carpathian child ever, Joseph. And we get to meet Byron's sister and her lifemate - he's got a family. We don't get much more of a push on the series arc, but this book is definitely not one to skip.

This is Byron and Antonietta Scarletti's story. ( )
  WingedWolf | Jun 9, 2015 |
I love this series! This one was different from ones I've read previously and I really liked it. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
Really enjoyed it, like the rest of the series. I liked that it was a little different to the other with the Scarletti twist. I've already read the Scarletti Curse but it never mentioned anything about the Jaguars, so it was interesting to see that side of the story as well. ( )
  ElleLainey | Sep 15, 2013 |
In for a penny, in for a pound. Nothing spectacular about the series, but they aren't horrible. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
I love this book. Christine Feehan grabs you in the begining and keeps you there. I recomand this book to all. Get all her Dark Series. ( )
  Vicki48 | Apr 23, 2010 |
false
false

Christine Feehanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ferrone, RichardReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Evert, Brittasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book was written, with love, for my youngest daughter, Cecelia, who has managed to inspire more than one character for me! And also for Beverly Gladstone and her son, Tony. Wishing you both all the best in the world.
Fog, thick and dense, blanketed the sky, muffling every sound.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515135216, Mass Market Paperback)

Blinded and scarred in a terrible accident, Antoinetta Scarletti made music that thrilled the world with its beauty and passion. Descended from a long line of psychics, Antoinetta has learned to rely on her other senses to “see” the world around her, but nothing could have prepared her for Byron. He came to her, drawn by her music, and became her secret obsession. Others fear him, sensing that he is dangerous—a predator—but for Antoinetta he is her ultimate fantasy, her dream lover. He woos her with kisses full of erotic allure, whispering that she is his light, his salvation. Byron has waited an eternity for her, and he will let nothing stand between him and the woman born to be his lifemate...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:53 -0400)

Antonietta Scarletti, a blind musician, gifted with psychic abilities, whose beautiful music has enchanted the world, finds her world forever changed by Byron, an immortal and darkly sensual Carpathian, who has come to claim her as his.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,953,679 books! | Top bar: Always visible