Wild Rain by Christine Feehan

If you have read one shifter romance novel -- no matter the author -- you have read most shifter novels in the genre. This series is no different. Brain candy fluff for clearing my head. Easy to read. Not a lot of commitment required. ( )
  lesmel | Oct 24, 2014 |
This is was actually better the 2nd time around. It was just okay on the first read and I kind of love it now. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
This is the second story in the Leopard series. This is about Rio Santana and Rachel Lospostos. Rio is a wonderful character. I hurt for him because he is so lonely and doesn't even realize how lonely until Rachel shows up. Rio has lived by his self for years only interacting with the team of shifters that rescue hostages taken by bandits along the river near his rain forest home. He is a man that any of us reading this story would love in our home loving us as he does Rachel. He is caring, compassionate, honorable, and selfless in many ways. He also has a quick temper and a streak of jealousy that mark is kind. There is just something about a big cat shifter that makes me want to go out and find one and I hate mosquitoes.

Rachel has had a miserable and frightening childhood. She is intelligent and cunning. I admired the way she planned out disappearing into the rain forest. She was being hunted and needed to disapper and she made it happen. Rachel is feisty and loves the rain forest. I also liked that she was excepting of the who she really was and what that would entail. While loving, compassionate and a quick learner Rachel also has a temper and is a well trained fighter.

Ms. Feehan has captured the essence of the rain forest. I have to wonderful if she actually went to one and toured. All rain forests are dangerous not just for the predators and poisonous pants and animals but the human bandits and hostile natives. While Ms. Feehan captures all of that she also shows the reader the beauty that can be found. All of the characters in this books are people I would love to meet and sit down and spend hours listening to what the had to say. This is one of the author's gifts. Her villains are so bad that you are cheering the hero and heroine on while they outsmart said evil, vile personage and put a stop to his reign of terror. However the other characters are all intriguing and interesting. You want to know more about these people. You want for them to have happy and productive lives. It is a amazing gift and one that the great authors all have. Ms. Feehan is also not afraid to write about exotic locations that fire the imagination. She paints a picture with every scene showing the reader what life most be like for these characters. This is a wonderful story and a great addition to the series. I highly recommend it to all the paranormal fans out there. ( )
  LadyIsis | Jun 16, 2013 |
I find many ebooks to fall into three categories. The novella... the novel... and the novel that should have been a novella (well, make it four categories & add in the novella that should have been expanded to a novel). Unfortunately, for me, Wild Rain was a novel that would have been better as a novella. When I find myself skimming pages & then going back to READ them, and realizing that by skimming I actually had missed ZIP of the plot, well, then I really wish I was reading a novella. The author has a fascination (rightly so) with the rainforest and its preservation; however, that prose tends to overwhelm the actual plot and I just kept wishing the author would get ON with it! The plot in its stripped down form was wonderful; however, I just couldn't get past the soliloquy to the rain forest. I enjoyed "The Awakening" in its novella length. Not sure if I'm going to continue on with this series or not since all the rest are novel length - and quite frankly, if the plotline continues to be that someone comes into the rain forest and realizes they are part of the decimated/endangered civilization I don't want a part of it. ( )
  SnarkyMom | Apr 5, 2013 |
Fun, light read. The Leopard people are actually done very well; the integration of the human and animal appears seamless. Not sure I can really get into the constant danger, shooting, past life, whatever, but an ok adventure story. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515136824, Mass Market Paperback)

To escape an assassin, Rachel finds sanctuary in the rainforest, where the most exotic of all creatures walks: Rio. But when he unleashes his secret animal instincts, Rachel fears that her isolated haven could become an inescapable hell...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:35 -0400)

Finding a safe haven in the rain forest from a relentless killer, Rachael, armed with a new identity, finds her peace shattered by Rio, an exotic native of the forest who harbors a dark secret.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,430,679 books! | Top bar: Always visible