Wild Rain by Christine Feehan
718None13,121 (3.7)None

This is was actually better the 2nd time around. It was just okay on the first read and I kind of love it now. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
This is the second story in the Leopard series. This is about Rio Santana and Rachel Lospostos. Rio is a wonderful character. I hurt for him because he is so lonely and doesn't even realize how lonely until Rachel shows up. Rio has lived by his self for years only interacting with the team of shifters that rescue hostages taken by bandits along the river near his rain forest home. He is a man that any of us reading this story would love in our home loving us as he does Rachel. He is caring, compassionate, honorable, and selfless in many ways. He also has a quick temper and a streak of jealousy that mark is kind. There is just something about a big cat shifter that makes me want to go out and find one and I hate mosquitoes.

Rachel has had a miserable and frightening childhood. She is intelligent and cunning. I admired the way she planned out disappearing into the rain forest. She was being hunted and needed to disapper and she made it happen. Rachel is feisty and loves the rain forest. I also liked that she was excepting of the who she really was and what that would entail. While loving, compassionate and a quick learner Rachel also has a temper and is a well trained fighter.

Ms. Feehan has captured the essence of the rain forest. I have to wonderful if she actually went to one and toured. All rain forests are dangerous not just for the predators and poisonous pants and animals but the human bandits and hostile natives. While Ms. Feehan captures all of that she also shows the reader the beauty that can be found. All of the characters in this books are people I would love to meet and sit down and spend hours listening to what the had to say. This is one of the author's gifts. Her villains are so bad that you are cheering the hero and heroine on while they outsmart said evil, vile personage and put a stop to his reign of terror. However the other characters are all intriguing and interesting. You want to know more about these people. You want for them to have happy and productive lives. It is a amazing gift and one that the great authors all have. Ms. Feehan is also not afraid to write about exotic locations that fire the imagination. She paints a picture with every scene showing the reader what life most be like for these characters. This is a wonderful story and a great addition to the series. I highly recommend it to all the paranormal fans out there. ( )
  LadyIsis | Jun 16, 2013 |
I find many ebooks to fall into three categories. The novella... the novel... and the novel that should have been a novella (well, make it four categories & add in the novella that should have been expanded to a novel). Unfortunately, for me, Wild Rain was a novel that would have been better as a novella. When I find myself skimming pages & then going back to READ them, and realizing that by skimming I actually had missed ZIP of the plot, well, then I really wish I was reading a novella. The author has a fascination (rightly so) with the rainforest and its preservation; however, that prose tends to overwhelm the actual plot and I just kept wishing the author would get ON with it! The plot in its stripped down form was wonderful; however, I just couldn't get past the soliloquy to the rain forest. I enjoyed "The Awakening" in its novella length. Not sure if I'm going to continue on with this series or not since all the rest are novel length - and quite frankly, if the plotline continues to be that someone comes into the rain forest and realizes they are part of the decimated/endangered civilization I don't want a part of it. ( )
  SnarkyMom | Apr 5, 2013 |
Fun, light read. The Leopard people are actually done very well; the integration of the human and animal appears seamless. Not sure I can really get into the constant danger, shooting, past life, whatever, but an ok adventure story. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
Wild Rain is the second in the Leopard series, and one that once I had finished felt deeply satisfied. I It is my favorite among the series so far, it was a intense but tender love story between two people that find themselves drawn into a suspenseful plot that will send them both fighting for their lives.

Rachel Lospostos, is a young woman where life has been unjustly cruel to her, and those that she has come to care for. Rachael's parents were killed when she was young, and she and her brother were left with their cold-blooded uncle. Her uncle forced her brother to do horrific actions at the threat of her life. Elijah (Rachael's Brother) then kills a friend of hers, in front of her, although Rachael hadn't realized it at the moment, that friend was planning on killing her, for he worked for her uncle. Elijah, however never told her the truth, and after the incident, Rachael stages her death, and created a new identity, hoping to flee from a assassin that hunts her. Thousands of miles from home, away from all that she knows, she heads into a rain forest, with threats out there unknown to her. She assumed Elijah is the one that has sent men after her to kill her. She aches for her brother, knowing all that he had done in the past, was for her. She loves him all the same, knowing what he has turned into. On a journey with a group of people being guided through the forest by Kim Pang, who has great knowledge of the area. They are then ambushed by a group of bandits, Rachael barely escapes with her life in the river. She then finds herself sanctuary. Rio is of the Leopard species, where he can turn from being human to leopard in a moment. He has been shunned from his people from a previous error in his past. He lives alone, apart from two leopards whom he found abandoned and as babies. He cares for them, and even though Leopards are solitary creatures, they continually stay with him. Rio is part of a group of Leopard shifters, who undergo missions where they rescue humans and bring them to safety among the rain forest, since there are many dangers to be found there. As he drifts toward his home, he senses a stranger within its realms, and goes on high alert fully intending to destroy whoever has laid a trap for him. Rachael finds herself being attacked within the old hut that she has found sanctuary, by none other than the mysterious and captivating Rio. After Rio realizes his mistake, and at first he never trust Rachael, but there is something about her that captures his attention. Rachael now badly injured, finds herself in the care of the one who attacked her. His name is Rio, and at first glance he seems dangerous and wild as the forest around them. But as time goes one, and he tends to her gently, she see's a side of him she would have never suspected. Rachael is drawn toward this mysterious creature, whom she seems to share a deep connection with. Rachael comes to the knowledge that Rio is a lot more than just a man, but there is a animal hidden beneath the human exterior. As Rachael past comes to haunt her, they are both faced with a bleak future of being on the run, although they have each other. Rachael is discovering something about herself, something that she has never felt before and is learning to adjust to a new life among the 'Wild Rain'.

I definitely enjoyed reading Rachael and Rio's captivating story, it seems to enthrall me to the point that I could hardly put this book down. The characters were portrayed so well, it was as if I was drawn into the rain forest myself among the trees, humidity, and the wild nature. I was taken on a wild adventure through the rain forest, where passion, instinct and a deep love abides. As Rachael starts to heal from her wounds, their passionate feelings for one another grow until they are both thrown into a climatic sensual ride. Even though there are many that hunt them both, they manage to stay alive and ahead of the hunters. A deep tender lover grows between both Rachael and Rio, that they are unable to resist. I found myself falling in love with Rachael and Rio, but for me both characters have had pasts that were Hell on Earth, and despite all the dangers that surround them, they end up finding a sensual heaven amidst it all. This is definitely one of my favorites from Christine Feehan's writings. Its filled with the perfect mixture of sensual passion, witty conversation, and a thrilling adventure that will knock your socks off!! ( )
  addictofromance | Feb 25, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515136824, Mass Market Paperback)

To escape an assassin, Rachel finds sanctuary in the rainforest, where the most exotic of all creatures walks: Rio. But when he unleashes his secret animal instincts, Rachel fears that her isolated haven could become an inescapable hell...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:35 -0400)

Finding a safe haven in the rain forest from a relentless killer, Rachael, armed with a new identity, finds her peace shattered by Rio, an exotic native of the forest who harbors a dark secret.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,458,935 books! | Top bar: Always visible