Dark Challenge by Christine Feehan

Dark Challenge

by Christine Feehan

Recently added bymitabird, Jenncooper, RozzieReads, slparmer, ig3514, profsurie, toniicopas41, lynn87, private library
    Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters
    Embraced by Darkness by Keri Arthur (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters

English (20)  German (1)  All (21)
2.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
Julian Savage is powerful hunter for his people, the Carpathians. He expertly hunts vampires, the undead, who torture and kill his people as well as humans. He has had to live a solitary life, sometimes even hunting down old friends who turned vampire. But he does his duty, without fail. Separated from family, totally alone, he finally finds his lifemate. Their new relationship is only part of the story - someone is out to hunt down Desari and Julian must protect her at all costs while dealing with her family and an enemy from his troublesome past. A story about love, peace, renewal and forgiveness. A story about learning, trusting, sacrifice and honor, not only for your mate, but for your family. I highly recommenf this entire series beginning with "Dark Prince". ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
What stands out most in this book is Julian's sense of humor, and Desari's common sense. So many of the female lifemates in the series have been portrayed as not having a lick of sense, so it's a refreshing surprise when we get one who's old, powerful, and practical, and willing to put her man in his place when he needs it.

This makes it one of the better books in the series. It's also important to the series, as this is the Dark Troubadors' introduction, and we get to see elder Carpathian females.

This is Julian Savage and Desari's story, and it's worth not skipping. ( )
  WingedWolf | Jun 9, 2015 |
I heard a lot of things I don't remember when I first read the book, so I'm glad I listed to it again. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
She actually uses the SAME dialogs word for word in ALL her dark books. Same plot same EVERYTHING
  aVamp1r3 | Nov 25, 2014 |
For Francis and Eddie Vedolla Sr. for teaching my son,
Brian, and my daughter, Denise, the importance of the
dance. . . . There is a greatness in you both.

Special thanks to the staff at Konocti Harbor Resort and
Spa who are always helpful, manage to come up with
terrific concerts and genuinely are great people.
Julian Savage hesitated outside the door to the crowded bar.

Book cover.....They were masters of the darkness, searching through eternity for a mistress of the light..... Was she more than his mate? Julian Savage was golden. Powerful. But tormented. For the brooding hunter walked alone, always alone, far from his Carpathian kind, alien to even his twin. Like his name, his existence was savage. When Julian heard Desari sing, rainbows swamped his starving senses. Emotions bombarded his hardened heart. And a dark hunger to possess her flooded his loins, blinding him to the danger stalking him. And even as Desari enflamed him, she dared to defy him- with mysterious, unparalleled feminine powers. Was Desari more than his perfect mate? Julian had met his match in this woman, but would she drive him to madness... or save his soul?

Julian Savage hunted alone, away from his Carpathian kin and alien even to his twin, until he met a woman he was sworn to protect and who taunted him with unparalleled femine powers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,297,152 books! | Top bar: Always visible