Dark Melody by Christine Feehan
1,182206,806 (3.82)1 / 25

"4 out of 5 stars! This is the first book I've read from this series and I am a little addicted already to how the author shaped the tale. I hope the others are just as good. I loved...."

Read more of this review here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/03/youre-gone-from-here-soon-you-... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Aug 18, 2016 |
Dayan, lead guitarist of the Dark Troubadours is a Carpathian male struggling with the beast within. Seeing his family one by one find their lifemates leaves him feeling very much alone. Knowing that he must find his lifemate soon, he and Cullen Tucker, a human,(from Dark Fire) are traveling incognito, staying one step ahead of the human hunters, while Dayan searches for the one woman who will make him complete. These are still my favorite books and I eagerly await each new one. Some of Christine Feehan's characters frustrate me to no end like Lisa, with her inability to grasp reality made me want to shake her silly. If you are unfamilar with this series you really should start at the beginning with "Dark Prince". ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
This was a good entry into the series, but not a great one. It's hard to say what it was lacking. Maybe it was just that Dayan seemed slightly two-dimensional, or maybe it was just that his lifemate was too sick to be a fully developed character herself, for most of it. Her joy in being converted was great, though - a nice wish-fulfillment fantasy for all of us dealing with chronic illness.

This is Dayan and Corrine's story, and completes the four books dealing with the Dark Troubadors - The Carpathians who escaped the Turk invasion as children and grew up alone and wild in Africa. ( )
  WingedWolf | Jun 9, 2015 |
**May 2009**
I love the change up where the whole book was not a battle against an enemy the whole time. There was a lot more love story to this book which I also enjoyed.

Listening to audio book **January 2012**

Still loving this series. Corrine and Dayan are such a sweet couple. Really glad things could work well for them in the end. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
She was pregnant with her dead husband's baby and when her new mate turned her into a vampire, it became his baby genetically... ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
For my daughter Denise Feehan and for Cody Tucker,
two people who share a great love of music
among many other things
Need crawled through his body and pounded out a rhythm in his mind.

Lead guitarist of the Dark Troubadors, Dayan was renowned for his mesmerizing performances. His melodies stilled crowds, beckoned, seduced, tempted. And always, he called to her. His lover. His lifemate. He called to her to complete him. To give him the emotions that had faded from his existence, leaving him an empty shell of growing darkness. Save me. Come to me.

Corrinne Wentworth stood at the vortex of a gathering storm. Pursued by the same fanatics who’d murdered her husband, she was risking her life by keeping more that one secret. Fragile, delicate, vulnerable, she had an indomitable faith that made her fiery surrender to Dayan all the more powerful. This was the one woman whose loss would destroy him, even as her love promised to heal his soul.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0843950498, Mass Market Paperback)

Dayan has been searching for centuries to find the one woman who can complete him, a true lifemate, who can save him from the darkness in his soul. Despairing of ever finding her, and on the run from his enemies, something drives Dayan to stop at a bar and perform some of his music. Then Corrine Wentworth walks in, and Dayan knows instantly that she is the one. Corrine wants nothing more than to surrender her life and soul to Dayan, but she is suffering from a degenerative heart disease, and pregnant with her late husband's child. She is also running from the men who killed her husband, the same group of fanatics who are hunting Dayan and his kind. Dayan must call on his family, and the greatest healers of the Carpathians to aid him in a race against time to save Corrine, whose fate is now inextricably linked to his own.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:40 -0400)

Searching for the woman he is destined to spend his life with, Dayan, the lead guitarist of the Dark Troubadors and a powerful Carpathian, finds his soulmate in the form of Corinne Wentworth, a beautiful mortal running from her past.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,621,586 books! | Top bar: Always visible