Lover Beware (Anthology 4-in-1) by Christine…

Magic! (65)

Truly enjoyed these stories and am on the hunt for the next Christine Feehan and Eileen Wilks. ( )
  whybehave2002 | Feb 4, 2015 |
*Review Only For the Eileen Wilks Story*

Despite this short story being listed as a prequel to the World of the Lupi series, it isn't really true. In fact, I would recommend not reading this story before reading the first book in the series, as it would just make things confusing. This is essentially a condensed version of [b:Tempting Danger|81617|Tempting Danger (World of the Lupi, #1)|Eileen Wilks|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1307217889s/81617.jpg|78812]. However, there's a lot of differences in the mythology and in how Lily and Rule interact with each other that sets this clear outside of the series. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
Magic in the Wind-Christine Feehan --- Cute story, love the idea of seven sisters with different magical powers but also having the power to work together to achieve greater results. This story felt more like a "romance" than other urban fantasy (paranormal romance, whatev) I read. Unsure if I will continue on to read the other 6 books that comprise the series, mostly because I feel these might get more "romance-like", focusing more on the relationships between each sister and her beau, instead of the relationships between the sisters.

Hot August Moon-Katherine Sutcliffe --- Good story, if a bit rushed at the end. Kind of feels like the author came up against the word limit for the novella submission long before she ran out of story to tell. My 2 criticisms 1-This is a very "realistic" story, the only powers being her psychic ability to see traumatic events that happen at a location, and I like my Urban Fantasy a little heavier on the fantasy. 2-It kind of felt like she had several interesting men that could have competed to be the love interest, but she shuts this down realll quick. I guess I've been sookie-fied in my need to have the tension of a love triangle (or square, or dodecahedron (or should that be a "ho"decahedron? Never mind, it isn't like we're talking about Anita Blake!)). I will be seeking the next installment of this series, Bad Moon Rising.

After Midnight-Fiona Brand --- Uhhh, did someone not get the memo this is Urban Fantasy? Yes, you can have all your Romance cliche's (wow, she's a strong, independent woman, who remained faithful to her spouse in spite of a deeper call of love? Those concepts never happen in Romance!), but you need a fantasy angle. Well, something more fantastic than convenient terminal illness for your husband when you're pining to boink the neighbor.

Only Human-Eileen Wilks --- Or, the reason I picked up this anthology. A nice introduction to someone the characters featured in the book (Night Season) I was lead to believe was the first book in the series. ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
I had a bit of trouble making myself read the stories other than Magic in the Wind but after I gave them a chance I totally got into them.

Magic in the Wind - 5 Stars - In my next life I want to be a Drake sister. Their family has so much love and support. This story was great although a bit too short for me, but then again I could read about this family for days.

Hot August Moon - 4 Stars - Very interesting. I'm a bit disappointed in the ending, perhaps I'll read the next installment, not sure.

After Midnight - 3 1/4 Stars - I liked it, it was slightly predictable but still intriguing.

Only Human - 4 Stars - I really liked it. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
anthology ( )
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |

Feehan, ChristineAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brand, FionaAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sutcliffe, KatherineAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wilks, EileenAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
"Sarah's back. Sarah's come home."
Stories in anthology:

Magic in the Wind by Christine Feehan
Hot August Moon by Katherine Sutcliffe
After Midnight by Fiona Brand
Only Human by Eileen Wilks

Please do not combine the single title book, Magic in the Wind with this anthology that contans the same story.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425189058, Mass Market Paperback)

Fans wait with bated breath for their new novels.  Now, Christine Feehan, Katherine Sutcliffe, Fiona Brand, and Eileen Wilks give them a taste of what they've asks for in four stories of the most daring kind of love...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:27 -0400)

Four of today's most popular authors push passion and intrigue to the limit in four thrilling original stories.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,376,058 books! | Top bar: Always visible