Dark Desire (The Carpathians (Dark) Series,…

Dark Desire (The Carpathians (Dark) Series, Book 2) (edition 2006)

by Christine Feehan

Member:Teaera
Title:Dark Desire (The Carpathians (Dark) Series, Book 2)
Authors:Christine Feehan
Info:Leisure (2006), Edition: First Thus, Paperback

Dark Desire by Christine Feehan

Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and SHifter

English (24)  German (2)  All languages (26)
Ok, here's the deal with this book: it was better than the first one and after you get over the world building and all the Carpathian's customs, you begin to see how things fall into place. That said, I was a little uncomfortable with the way Jacques treated Shea and how sometime their relationship blurred the lines of mind control. Despite that, things got into a good rhythm and there's also the problem with Jacques' memory condition after his imprisoment and how he sees things differently. Shea was a great addition to the Carpathian family and she brang a softness and some fun to the plot. Jacques was able to relax with her and I totally cherished their fun and cute moments together, seeing that Carpathians have this uncanny ability to be kind of dark and heavy sometimes. I really liked this book! ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
***Originally read August 6, 2009***

3 Stars - I heart Shea! She is such a strong character.

***Reread April 20, 2011 - April 27, 2011***

3 Stars - ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
This was meh. ( )
  LaCello | Sep 21, 2013 |
Not as good as Dark Prince. I like Jacques a lot, and I liked him before in Dark Prince. However, I find Shea a little annoying...insipid really.

I love the romance between them, the way they need each other and help each other. Some of it was a bit repetitive of Dark Prince though, mimicking Raven and Mikhail's story.

Overall, I found it okay. I just find it a little annoying that someone as supposedly intelligent as Shea, can see love and feel love for someone like Jacques and refuse to accept it. I know it's the whole will she/won't she dilemma of whether she will ever give in, but really, she's a lifemate, she doesn't have much choice. ( )
  ElleLainey | Sep 15, 2013 |
#2 Definitely the most gripping and intense of the series. The time that has past made me a bit confused, Feehan alludes to years, months, and centuries when writing of Jacques’ captivity. A very ominous storyline with heart-stopping moments. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
He cam out of the night, so beautifully male he took her breath away. his black eyes moved over her possessively, curiously predatory. He was not human. He was Carpathian, of the Earth. He could command the wind, run with the wolf, soar with the owl, become on with the rain itself.
"Choose life for us, Shea," he said. "For our children. I will not be easy to live with, but I swear to you no one could love you more. I will do anything to make you happy."
Shea shook her head. "I'm not strong enough, Jacques. I can't do this."
"You are just afraid." His voice was so soft, she felt it on her very skin, as if his fingertips were skimming over satin in the lightest caress. Jacques stepped closer, his dark eyes intense. "Choose me now, Shea. Need me. Want me. Love me. Choose life for us."

For my father, Mark King, who taught me there are many kinds of heroes in the world. For my agent, Helen, who refused to give up on my Carpathians. Special thanks to Allison Luce and my daughter, Billie Jo Feehan, who fell in love with Jacques and gave many helpful suggestions. And of course for my son Brian who had to read the action scenes many, many times for me.
There was blood, a river of it running.

The stranger silently summoned her across the continents, across the seas. He whispered of eternal torment, of endless hunger . . . of dark, dangerous desires. And somehow American surgeon Shea O'Halloran could feel his anguish, sense his haunting aloneness, and she ached to heal him, to heal herself.

Drawn to the far Carpathian mountains, Shea found a ravaged, raging man, a being like no other. And her soul trembled. For in his burning eyes, his icy heart, she recognized the beloved stranger who'd already become part of her. The imperious Carpathian male had compelled Shea to his side. But was she to be his healer. . . or his prey? His victim . . . or his mate? Was he luring her into madness . . . or would his dark desire make her whole?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0843956534, Mass Market Paperback)

Seven years ago, Dr Shea O'Halloran experienced an unexpected and horrendous pain unlike anything she had ever known. It felt as if she were being tortured. Eventually the pain disappeared, but Shea never forgot. She has since devoted her life to trying to understand the cause of the rare genetic blood disorder that is slowly killing her. The answers to some of Shea's questions start to reveal themselves when she is approached by two men, who accuse her of being a vampire. Shea runs for her life and - following a feeling she can't explain - her desperate wanderings lead her to Romania. The ancient one known as Jacques Dubrinsky can explain. Seven years ago, Jacques was captured, tortured and buried alive by several humans and a Carpathian betrayer. The years of extreme pain and lack of sustenance that followed have nearly driven Jacques insane. He has been using what is left of his powers to psychically draw Shea to the region. But is Shea to be his healer or his prey?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:28 -0400)

The stranger silently summoned her from across the continents, across the seas. He whispered of eternal torment, of endless hunger...of dark, dangerous desires. And somehow American surgeon Shea O'Halloran could feel his anguish, sense his haunting aloneness, and she ached to heal him, to heal herself.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,460,705 books! | Top bar: Always visible