Conspiracy Game (GhostWalkers, Book 4) by…

Conspiracy Game (GhostWalkers, Book 4) (edition 2006)

by Christine Feehan

Member:ddeej56
Title:Conspiracy Game (GhostWalkers, Book 4)
Authors:Christine Feehan
Info:Jove (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:romance, sci-fi, psy

Conspiracy Game by Christine Feehan

English (15)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (17)
Conspiracy Game is a story I have been meaning to write a review for but never managed it. So now I am wanting to share my thoughts on a classic Feehan romance that is a must read for any lovers of romantic suspense or paranormal romance. Our heroine tha tis feature in this book here, has no clue that her life will change when she saves Jack's life. And boy do sparks fly between these two and they have sex at the beginning of the book. But then Jack leaves Briony, and Briony finds out that she is pregnant and that she is one of the girls that Dr. Whitney experimented on when she was little and now her whole family is in danger because Whitney and his soldiers are after her and she refuses to put her brothers or parents at risk. So she goes to Jack's home which is very remote but she can't afford to put her family in danger and she knows how protective he is of his brother and is hoping he will feel the same way about his own child. Jack had the hardest time leaving Briony first but when she comes to him for help he knows that he could never leave her again. But he also knows that there is a great danger and will protect her and his brother and his future child no matter what.

Conspiracy Game is one of those special books that I have had on my shelf because it is so dang good. I can't tell you how many times I have read this one but I have really loved it so much. There is so much chemistry and "all the feels" in this book. I just love seeing Jack and Briony figure out some balance in their relationship. And yeah the sparks are HOT between them, but there is also more than just sex involved here. We see some fun bonding moments between the brothers and between Ken and Briony, who helps her understand why Jack is so commanding and controlling at times.
“And Ken said I can't marry you."
Jack felt his heart jump in his chest. He glanced at his sleeping brother. "Did he say why?"
"Yes." She kept her voice sober. "He said you have to ask me properly."
Relief made him weak. His pulse beat at his temples, throbbed in his neck. For one moment his fingers closed in her hair in a tight fist. "Properly? If I ask, you might say no, so I'm thinking we'll just start off right and I'll tell you and we'll get the thing done."
"Get the thing done?" Briony echoed.
Ken snorted aloud. "Jack, I'll take over watch and you get some sleep. I think you fried your brain up there on the roof."
"Pipe down over there." Jack said. "You're already stirring up trouble."
"Get the thing done?" Briony repeated slowly. "The thing being what exactly?"
"The ceremony. The paperwork. Whatever the hell it takes to make it legal."
Briony sat up and glared at him. "Take your 'it' and shove it, Jack."
"There's no need ti be getting upset, Briony. We can't exactly go around with a bunch of kids and not do whatever the hell it is one does to make it legal."
"Whatever the hell it takes to make what legal?"
He shrugged. "How the hell would I know? I've never done this before. Sleeping together I guess."
"So you are going to marry me so it's legal to sleep with me?"
"This isn't coming out right."
"You think?"
"Don't get upset, baby,. I don't understand why you're getting upset.”
But what is most impressive about Jack is that he allows Briony to argue and stand on her own. He respects her just in his own way and I like that he encourages her to be herself but he might stop her from endagering herself like trying to climb up the roof while pregnant and its the middle of the night or dumping out her coffee because she is pregnant. But they are a riot together and so entertaining seeing them find some compromise in their relationship and we get see Jack humble himself a bit for the woman who holds his heart.
“I absolutely love you, Briony, and I am on my knees. So we're getting married - right? But say it fast before we get shot."
Only Jack would ask - if you could call it asking - in the middle of a battlefield, with a man lying dead at his feet.”
Conspiracy Game is a thrilling ride of danger, intrigue and never ending passion. BREATHTAKING!! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 19, 2019 |
My only disappointment in the story is the endings where everything seems wrapped up much too quickly and the characters and situation become a shell of what the rest of the story was. She needs to take her time and develop the ending to make it as rich and fulfilling as the rest of the story. I have noticed this has been a trend with the last several books. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
bought 09/07/08, 70 RMB

Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
TBR
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
Contemporary paranormal from Feehan. While the writing style is very similar to the Carpathians, it's a totally different feel and dynamic. Fast paced. Overloaded with emotional baggage. And....I'm done with the series. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 12, 2013 |

Christine Feehanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stechschulte, TomReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
The GhostWalker Creed

We are the GhostWalkers, we live in the shadows
The sea, the earth, and the air are our domain
No fallen comrade will be left behind
We are loyalty and honor bound
We are invisible to our enemies
and we destroy them where we find them
We believe in justice and we protect our country
and those unable to protect themselves
What goes unseen, unheard, and unknown
are GhostWalkers
There is honor in the shadows and it is us
We move in complete silence whether
in jungle or desert
We walk among our enemy unseen and unheard
Striking without sound and scatter to the winds
before they have knowledge of our existence
We gather information and wait with endless patience
for that perfect moment to deliver swift justice
We are both merciful and merciless
We are relentless and implacable in our resolve
We are the GhostWalkers and the night is ours
For Cindy Hwang and Steve Axelrod,
who believed in me enough to take a chance
on the Game books--thank-you.
Night fell fast in the jungle.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515142166, Mass Market Paperback)

GhostWalker Jack Norton is a genetically enhanced telepathic sniper on a mission to rescue his brother in the jungles of the Congo. Then he meets Briony, a beautiful rebel on a mission of her own - and hiding secrets that a shadowy enemy would kill to discover.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:59 -0400)

When Jack Norton, a genetically enhanced telepathic assassin on a mission in the jungles of the Congo, is left vulnerable to rebel forces, he finds an ally in Briony, a strange beauty on a mission of her own that leads them both into a deadly global conspiracy.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,452,008 books! | Top bar: Always visible