Midnight Promises (Sweet Magnolias) by…

Midnight Promises (Sweet Magnolias) (edition 2012)

by Sherryl Woods

Member:realityshowgirl
Title:Midnight Promises (Sweet Magnolias)
Authors:Sherryl Woods
Info:Harlequin MIRA (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:read
Rating:*****

Midnight Promises by Sherryl Woods

This is book 8 in the series, but in the end it did not really matter. Sure there were people around that have had books of their own but it was not their book. It was like any other book with side characters in it. It's all about the couple in the end.

And this one was different from romances that I usually read. It was not about how they meet and fall in love. No they are married and like any couple they have hit a bump in the road. Elliott and Karen was truly like any other couple. They were real, they loved each other and they were such idiots at times.

I must confess to liking Elliott more, because Karen had her issues from her other marriage, and it was a bit annoying when she was angry at him for something he forgot. He did not mean not tell her, he simply forget. She did not know how to listen or how to trust. But then that is was the book is about. How small things might ruin it all and how you must trust, and talk to your partner. It does take two to make a marriage.

There is also a secondary story about Elliott's sister who is having troubles in her marriage and I liked her. Sure she was a bit mean to Karen but people change and evolve. I hope to meet her again in this town. And not to mention that it had funky old grandmothers :)

A nice small town romance
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
Midnight Promises (The Sweet Magnolias #8) picked up with gang at ladies of Serenity. Karen was the main character, a single mother who married Eliot with security she wanted for herself and her two young children.
The two are in love; however, Eliot keeps a financial arrangement from Karen, which does not set to well based on her past experience with her ex-husband and threatens to tear them apart. When their brother in law is found cheating on Elliott’s sister, they come together and find a bond to triumph over the differences.

As usual the Sweet Magnolias come together to help solve the issue with southern humor. ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
I love this Sweet Magnolia series. I forget how much till the next book comes along and then I can't put it down till I have finished it and then i am sad that I am done.

This is the story of Karen and Elliot and how no matter how much you love each other you must work at marriage.

Karen came into this marriage with 2 children and although their 'real dad' is not in the picture Karen is afraid to let Elliot adopt them. Then there is Elliott and the other 'men' who want to open a men's gym and Elliott being the man keeps things from Karen.

But the best part is catching up with everyone from the last 7 books. Although I think Sherryl did us an injustice by not doing a mini book about the Vegas trip and just kind of throwing it in at the end.

Very excited to hear we have more books coming. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Midnight Promises by Sherryl Woods
SubTitle: A Sweet Magnolia Novel
ISBN: 9780778313489
Once again we find ourselves back in Serenity. This book concentrates on Karen and her marriage to Elliot. She still works in the kitchen of Sullivan's restaurant and he works at the corner spa helping where needed.
He's neglected to tell Karen, his wife about the funding he's going to get to start a man's gym in town with backing from the woman's spa.
Her ex mother in law, Frances is going through forgetfullness/Alzheimers and her friends are concerned.
There are other problems with the finances with others in the group also.
His sister is also going through marital problems. Others come to her aid in hopes they can fix them.
What a concept. the trip of a lifetime!
The Letting go of the past, forgiveness and moving on with your life and that of your family...
Love how the title of the book says it all. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 25, 2013 |
This was a very easy-read with great intricate characters. The writing was light and easy to follow but still had valuable characters that hit on different emotions throughout the read.

I have always loved the Sweet Magnolia's and this book was no exception, however, sometimes I wanted to scream at Karen (one of the main characters) well more often than not, because I felt that she was always jumping to conclusions and just flat out being whiny and unfair to her poor husband who was only try to help! I did not find Karen to be a very likable character!

The story was one that just about every married couple can identify with, I just had a hard time continuing, time after time, to be empathetic with Karen and her jumping to conclusions and comparing situations that were in no way similar! I found myself staying aggravated throughout most of the story, HOWEVER, it WILL NOT stop me from reading the next story and getting excited to meet the next Sweet Magnolia couple! ( )
  acorley84 | Apr 7, 2013 |

Elliott Cruz and Karen Ames find their marriage threatened by financial insecurity and colliding dreams until Elliott's brother's infidelity puts their seemingly irreconcilable differences into perspective.

Sherryl Woods is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,774,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible