No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

So far this is my surprise book of 2012. I loved the gothic, steampunk, alternate history setting. Araby is a beautiful, yet deeply disturbed girl living a life of wealth in a world of dispair. She goes out to the Debauchery Club and takes drugs to make her forget all the sad in her world, but does it really make her forget? Enter two good-looking and very different guys who each sweep her into reality in very different ways. I loved Will and I loved to hate Elliot. A recent standard in YA there is a pending rebellion, a struggle for power in a corrupt world, and there will be a sequel (one I will be anxious to read)! ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
This book never really appealed. I liked the dark, gothic feel of the book, but the plot was weak and sometimes confusing. As a heroine, Araby was rather weak and the love triangle just didn't feel real. In fact, I had no real connection with any of the characters. I will definitely not be looking for the sequel. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |

In this twist on Edgar Allen Poe's gothic short story, a wealthy teenaged girl who can afford a special mask to protect her from the plague that decimated humanity in the mid-1800s, falls in love, becomes caught up in a conspiracy to overthrow an oppressive government, and faces the threat of a new plague.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,195,017 books! | Top bar: Always visible