Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Magic Words at Work: Powerful Phrases to Help You Conquer the Working…
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0767914414, Paperback)From the bestselling authors of Magic Words: a collection of workplace wisdom for spectacular results on the job
Having survived and thrived in the competitive media industry, Alexandra Penney and Howard Kaminsky are now revealing their strategies for success. Magic Words at Work captures lessions learned in the trenches and coins perfect turns of phrase for every office situation, including:
• Raising Your Voice Can Work Better Than Raising Your Hand: Don’t spend your life asking for permission and waiting to be called on
• The Red Light Is On: Learn the secret to working without interruption
• Make Like a Prairie Dog: When management is in flux, stay low to the ground
• I'm Going to Lead Between the Lines: Find a solution, then make it fit the rules
• Low Overhead Equals High Independence: Living debt-free keeps your options wide open
With a memorable mixture of chutzpah and charm, Kaminsky and Penney deliver the bottom line on rising to the top.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:43 -0400)
A collection of empowering business mantras offers advice on such areas as avoiding interruptions, establishing the most effective visibility in a range of situations, and making the most of professional opportunities.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.