A Fair of the Heart (Welcome To Redemption…

A Fair of the Heart (Welcome To Redemption Book 1) (edition 2011)

by Donna Marie Rogers (Author)

Member:gogglemiss
Title:A Fair of the Heart (Welcome To Redemption Book 1)
Authors:Donna Marie Rogers (Author)
Info:(2011), 222 pages
Collections:Your library, ebook
Tags:modern romance, single, mother, small town

A Fair of the Heart (Welcome To Redemption) by Donna Marie Rogers (Author)

This book was a very fast read for me. (That's not a bad thing, by the way.) It's a fairly realistic story of a divorcee raising two kids and taking a chance on love.

The main two things I did not like: 1) There is some sex in the book and I was under the impression that this book was a "Christian Fiction read." So warning: don't let your Christian friends pick up this book or they'll be in for a disappointment. 2) Lots of profanity---LOTS!!! Again, a lot of readers in the Christian community will complain about this just I am doing right now.

This book had SOOO much potential. It's really sad that Ms. Rogers felt that her story needed sex and cussing to make it "good enough." The thing is, a story can be just as moving without it. ( )
  caslater83 | Nov 12, 2016 |
This was an easy enjoyable read. On my Nook the story was approx 200 pages long out of 226 pages total. I liked this town and the characters. This is the first book in the series. The other books in this series are just as good if not better.

Single mother, and work-at-home beautician, Lauren Frazier can barely keep a roof over her head, let alone stop it from falling down around her. When handyman Caleb Hunter shows up at her door for a haircut, he's the answer to her prayers--and the attraction is instantaneous. Too bad her troublesome ten-year-old son isn't quite as thrilled to have Caleb hanging around.

Old wounds have kept Caleb from returning to Redemption permanently. When he receives word of his mother's unexpected death, guilt and regret bring him home again, but will the love of a good woman keep him there? Beautiful, witty, and strong, Lauren excites Caleb like no woman ever has, but she's a package deal, and he's not sure he's prepared to take on a ready-made family.
  oldriverbooks | Mar 2, 2015 |
It's a good thing this is a pretty short read, because once I started it, I couldn't put it down! I read the first two books out of order, and after falling in love with the second book (A Fair to Remember), I was sure I'd be disappointed. Instead, I found a completely different love story set in the same lovable town with a couple of the same characters.

The chemistry between Caleb and Lauren is instantaneous. Watching him handle Max, her rebellious son, and coddle Emma, her adorable toddler, you'll probably fall in love with Caleb a little, too! I will warn you that it isn't a realistic romance at all. They meet, fall in love, and decide they want to spend the rest of their lives together in a week's time. However, the intensity of their romance does make for a good, interesting read, and there are other aspects to their relationships that are enjoyable. Caleb reconciles with a man who was like a father to him, and he's able to earn Lauren's trust, even though her last relationship was abusive and lacking trust. You'll likely enjoy this story if you decide to take a break from reality and dive in! ( )
  halo776 | Oct 25, 2011 |

Single mom Lauren Frazier’s house is falling down around her. So when handyman Caleb Hunter shows up at her door, he’s a godsend. Old wounds have kept Caleb away, but when he receives word of his mother’s unexpected death, guilt and regret bring him home for good. Lauren excites him like no woman ever has, but she’s a package deal, and he’s not sure he’s ready for such a commitment.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,358,295 books! | Top bar: Always visible