dismiss

Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson - Moon…

Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson - Moon Called, Vol. 2 (edition 2012)

by Patricia Briggs (Author), David Lawrence (Author), Amelia Woo (Artist)

Mercy Thompson inhabits two worlds. One as an independent woman who repairs cars for a living. The other, she's a walker, the last-of-her-kind, magical being with the power to become a coyote.
Member:jjmcgaffey
Title:Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson - Moon Called, Vol. 2
Authors:Patricia Briggs (Author)
Other authors:David Lawrence (Author), Amelia Woo (Artist)
Info:Dynamite Entertainment (2012), Edition: First Edition, 120 pages
Collections:Read, Read this year, Read but unowned, Working on
Rating:***
Tags:Fic, GN, GN:Books, @Hoopla, SF, _Omnibus, _OmnibusPBMT-MC2

Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 2 by Patricia Briggs

Like the first compilation - it's pretty true to the story, though heavily modified. But the images don't match what's in my head (and I could not tell the men apart, most of the time - was that Bran talking to Samuel or...not Adam, he had the blue chin at that point...or...?). I'd forgotten (it's been a long time since I read the book) how much the vampire seethe didn't know about Mercy at that point. And now, of course, I need to reread the real thing. This is fun, but not to my taste. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Apr 1, 2020 |
Super condensed but good! ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
Nice graphics, but wow glad I don't have to get the storyline in such short bits! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Read for Fun (Library Book)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 3.75
Graphic Rating: 4.25

First Thought when Finished: Another one of my first ever graphic novels. Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs was one where I was glad I knew the story first. The graphics were awesome but I wanted a few more story details in there.

Part of my Read It, Rate It, File It, Done Reviews ( )
  thehistorychic | Jan 18, 2015 |
These short graphic novels that hit the high points of Moon Called would make a good introduction to the world Patricia Briggs has created. David Lawrence has written an interesting story that remains true to the novel. The art is well done and I particularly like how Mercy is drawn. Though she does look younger than I had pictured her in my imagination.

In the first volume, Mercy takes in a new young werewolf named Mac who tells a horrifying story about how he came to be a werewolf. But it isn't long before the werewolves he was running from catch up to him. He is killed, Adam is wounded and Jesse is kidnapped. Mercy is forced to take Adam home with her to Bran to get him the help he needs even though it also forces her to confront Samuel about their past.

In the second volume, Mercy, Adam and Samuel come back to the Tri-Cities to try to locate and rescue Jesse and to figure out what is going on with the invading werewolves. There is a lot of story to condense in the second volume and occasionally the pacing seemed rushed. However, it might encourage readers to pick up the novel to get some of the detail that just can't fit into the graphic novel format. I know looking at and reading this one has made me eager to re-read Moon Called myself.

I recommend these to graphic novel fans. The story and the art were both done well. ( )
  kmartin802 | Feb 19, 2012 |

Briggs, Patriciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lawrence, Davidmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Woo, AmeliaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Metheny, ZackLetterssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is a graphic novelization of the novel Moon Called and should not be combined with that novel or any of the single comic issues which comprise the graphic novel.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 143,926,097 books! | Top bar: Always visible