Timepiece : an hourglass novel by Myra…

Timepiece : an hourglass novel (edition 2012)

by Myra McEntire

Member:Karrie_Leigh
Title:Timepiece : an hourglass novel
Authors:Myra McEntire
Info:New York : Egmont USA, 2012.
Collections:Your library, Wishlist, To read

Timepiece by Myra McEntire

IMPROVEMENT.

Things I Liked:
Somehow, even after the atrocious set up from book one, the time travel started to make a LITTLE more sense.

Kaleb. Kaleb. Kaleb Kaleb Kaleb.

Em. I like her better as a side character.

The romance. I am TOTALLY into Kaleb and Lily. All the WAY.

Ava. I’m surprised that I started liking her, especially as she only made three appearances, tops.

The plot. Serious. Escalation, man.

Things I didn’t like:
Jack. There is NO PERSON on this earth who is LITERALLY rotten to the core. I just can not believe that.

Um… yeah. Book two WAY better than book one.

Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
This is Kaleb's book. Kaleb and Lily. Which I loved because I'd been dying to learn more about Lily, Emerson's best friend. Now the time ripples are expanding and occurring with more frequency, and more people can see them. They, and the rest of the team, are rushing to find Jack before the ripples end up destroying the world.

The thing I particularly love about Hourglass and Timepiece is that Jack is so damn evil. He changed the timelines--the lives--of so many people--to put them in a place where he could use them. He stole memories to destroy, returned memories to do the same. His reasons for doing all this are selfish and do nothing but make him seem more evil. He's a most excellent villain.
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
Timepiece continues the story that began in Hourglass, but this time the story is being told from the point of view of Kaleb Ballard. I had a little trouble in the beginning of this book switching over from Emerson's point of view in Hourglass to Kaleb's, but after a while, the story became much easier to follow.
At the beginning of this book, Kaleb insults Lily, Emerson's best friend, at a party, leading to growing animosity between them, but as the story continues, both find that they are drawn to each other and overcome their initial dislike of one another.
The main characters are still looking for Jack Landers, who is doing more and more to disrupt the time continuum. All the characters from Hourglass start to see time "rips" causing strange scenes from the past to appear and become mixed with things happening in the present. Kaleb, Lily, Emerson, and Michael come to realize that their lives have been manipulated by Jack in order to bring them together so that he can use them to find the Infinityglass which supposedly holds the key to time itself, giving Jack the power that he craves. Kaleb must overcome his jealousy of Michael and his ability to read the emotions of others to help them thwart Jack's plans.
Overall, this was a good continuation of the story which concludes in Infinityglass. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Aug 14, 2016 |
I loved this book. It's the sequel to Hourglass told through Kaleb's perspective. Through his eyes you feel the rawness of his ability. It's no wonder he chooses to drink as much as he does.

Timepiece is just as action packed as Hourglass. I devoured it in a couple of days. We learn the reasons the Hourglass school was set up . There are so many secrets it's insane. Nobody trusts each other, and can't help being jealous of petty things considering the events taking place. There are also a few surprising realizations. Kaleb learns a few things about his abilities, and hopes to help those he loves. There's even a blossoming love interest.

I don't want to say too much because it would be very spoilery. If you've read Hourglass, you definitely need to pick up Timepiece. The cliffhanger is maddening! ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
I am LOVING this series. It's so unique and the characters are really well developed, with a plot that's both satisfying, but also leaves you wanting more. I really thought that the sudden change in narrators from one book to another would bother me, but it's a testament to McEntire's writing that it didn't at all. I can't wait to read the next one. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
"Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep and swim far, so you shall come back with self-repect, with new power, with an advanced experience that shall explain and overlook the old." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Maybe getting drunk and dressing up like a pirate was a bad idea.

A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...

Kaleb Ballard's relentless flirting is interrupted when Jack Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, timeslips in and attacks before disappearing just as quickly. But Kaleb has never before been able to see time travelers, unlike many of his friends associated with the mysterious Hourglass organization. Are Kaleb's powers expanding, or is something very wrong?

Then the Hourglass is issued an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the time gene, or time will be altered with devestating results.

Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Jack. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...

The follow-up to Hourglass, Timepiece blends the paranormal, science fiction, mystery, and suspense genres into a nonstop thrill ride where every second counts.

When vital research about the time gene is stolen, Kaleb must join Emerson and the Hourglass team to find the criminal, who could be anywhere in time.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,544,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible